• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in New Zealand 2012

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I particularly like that the two sixes were from rank long hops, rather than rash slogs. Fairly risk free innings, but he's still kept up the tempo nicely.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah don't you just hate all those rank slog sixes he has played in Test matches?
They're entertaining at the time, but as captain it's his duty to put them away for the long run. It's not like he's limited in his other scoring options anyway.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, frustrating seeing Williamson's dismissal. That's 2 needless run outs in 3 innings against Zim in the last couple of months. Made worse by the fact it was a glorious little push the cover.

Briony

International Debutant
Gosh this is the most modest attack I've ever seen. Slow trundlers who can't even seem to work it up to the 130s.

NZ public has eschewed test cricket again.

Taylor gets some runs after struggling in Australia.

McCullum will be spewing he missed out on a ton here.

When do England, Australia et al get to play Zim?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Gosh this is the most modest attack I've ever seen. Slow trundlers who can't even seem to work it up to the 130s.

NZ public has eschewed test cricket again.

Taylor gets some runs after struggling in Australia.

McCullum will be spewing he missed out on a ton here.

When do England, Australia et al get to play Zim?
This is about standard for a test-match crowd in NZ, considering Napier isn't exactly massive and that we're playing the Zimbos.

Taylor didn't struggle any more than the rest of the batsmen in Aus tbf, it was good bowling and lively pitches.

McCullum always throws away starts, nothing new.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor now has the best home record of any NZ batsman to play more than 10 Tests.
Taylor 53.48
Reid 50.15
Crowe 50.02
Jones 47.83
Richardson 47.76

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Decent days play for us. As I whinged about earlier, lost two too many wickets but I still have hopes that we can push on to 500. A good chance for Bracewell to score a few and for Southee to play a proper innings.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Agree, even with nostalgia value accounted for Fleming loses a fair few points literally and figuratively for his absolutely dire conversion rate.

Briony

International Debutant
Zim. does struggle but in its own way is at least as good as Bangladesh. Over the years it's produced some very good players. Bangladesh just appears to have stagnated.

Main problem for Zim. today was the modesty of its attack. It needs to unearth a bowler who can bowl 145-150 but at least they're honest triers.

Good ton to Taylor.

Chubb

International Regular
Main problem for Zim. today was the modesty of its attack. It needs to unearth a bowler who can bowl 145-150 but at least they're honest triers.
It was ever thus. Jarvis bowled pretty well, Vitori was disappointing, Shingi erratic, Cremer bowled like most leggers, mixing good and bad, and Taibu's work to get rid of Vettori was very good.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Zim. does struggle but in its own way is at least as good as Bangladesh. Over the years it's produced some very good players. Bangladesh just appears to have stagnated.

Main problem for Zim. today was the modesty of its attack. It needs to unearth a bowler who can bowl 145-150 but at .
Jarvis used to touch 140-145kph before his back injury, but didn't have as much control. I'd take this Jarvis who bowls 125-130kph with control over the 140-145kph guy with no control.

Vitori on the other hand was just ****. He just bowled far too many bad balls early on.