• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Talk About Cricket Grounds Better Than The Sydney Cricket Ground

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got my Lord's ticket for £35 last summer tbf and it was a decent seat. Against Sri Lanka, not India, I should add.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got my Lord's ticket for £35 last summer tbf and it was a decent seat. Against Sri Lanka, not India, I should add.
Could buy a pair of decent undies in Saville Row for that. Which would be about as much fun as watching SL (or India) play England.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure that is fair, I actually love that chatter, does not matter if they are talkig about cricket. Best atmosphere I've experienced at Lords have actually come in domestic one day finals, really good days they were.
I think the first day of the 2005 Ashes Test at Lords was close enough the best atmosphere at anything I've ever been to. Even an hour before the start of play for the day there was something really exciting about being there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Never understood it, but tbf everyone in London is always in a rush
For someone as laid back as myself, it is incredibly annoying. Is even worse on the streets than on the tube though. Everyone going somewhere an breakneck speed to do something incredibly important. Apart from me that is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For someone as laid back as myself, it is incredibly annoying. Is even worse on the streets than on the tube though. Everyone going somewhere an breakneck speed to do something incredibly important. Apart from me that is.
Get a job etc etc

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reg Dalton Field

It's the ground in the middle left of this picture (on the left side of the main road), just behind the apartment buildings. Sports the world-renowned Max Wilson Hill. RIP Max.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Reminds me of that test England played in the West Indies in 2009 which was just after the abandoned test. It was at a recreational ground and it had a ridge in the middle of the pitch from the halfway line of the football pitch. All the bowlers were trying to hit it.

uvelocity

International Coach
where's that coco mondo?

here's my park (the arrow I didn't put there, it's the obvious patch of grass to the right)

Son Of Coco

where's that coco mondo?

here's my park (the arrow I didn't put there, it's the obvious patch of grass to the right)

It's at Kingscliff, Northern NSW mate. Played all my junior cricket there and some senior cricket as well.

Pothas

And the world's ****test climate.

So you've said cricket and football, with two weeks' worth of tennis a year.

Whoop de do.

I love London, but I wouldn't say it's a massive sporting city.
Don't really see how London is not a major sporting city, is more so than any other European capital I can think of.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't really see how London is not a major sporting city, is more so than any other European capital I can think of.
This applies to football more than sport in general but capital cities tend not to be the footballing hotbeds of Europe.

Pothas

Yeah very much so, at least in Western Europe, Madrid being an obvious exception. Think I am right in saying that Rome, Paris, Berlin and London have all failed to produce a European champion.

London may not be an iconic Football city like Liverpool, Glasgow or Manchester but it is hardly bereft of a tradition like a city such as Paris is. It has a major and often iconic venue for every popular sport in this country. Even stuff like the NFL at Wembley shows what a major centre it is.