• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI for 2011?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at people leaving Bell out, seriously. 950 runs @ 118.75 with 5 tons not good enough eh

FWIW

Cook
Dravid
Bell
KP
Younis
Prior
Shakib
Broad
Steyn
Gul
Ajmal

The bowling is tough, Ajmal has to be there but the seamers could possibly be raffled, none of the ones I've selected have had significantly better years than Philander, Rampaul, Anderson, Bresnan, Kumar who could all be included without too much fuss.

Put Dravid opening as well, he did open at one point in the year and scored 2 tons opening and all the other options have been gash

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
No Sanga in your team Sir?

And 4 seamers, I can only see two - Steyn and Anderson. You dont expect Kallis to be a third seamer do you? And even then I only see 3 seamers.
Sanga averaged 48 vs 55 by Mathews. Kallis and Watson are good enough seamers and both has good bowling averages last year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sanga averaged 48 vs 55 by Mathews. Kallis and Watson are good enough seamers and both has good bowling averages last year.
Kallis has 1/165 in this year so I don't know what good bowling figures you are talking about. Unless you were looking at 2010 bowling figures when picking your 2011 team..

My team:
1. Cook
2. Dravid
3. Bell
4. Bravo
5. Pietersen
6. Misbah
7. Prior
8. Broad
9. Ajmal
10. Anderson
11. Philander

It's harsh on Steyn, but Philander has out bowled him in the 3 Tests.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Alastair Cook
Graeme Smith/Shane Watson?
Rahul Dravid
Kevin Pieterson
Ian Bell
Misbah ul Haq
Matt Prior
Tim Bresnan
Stuart Broad
Dale Steyn/Vermon Phillander
Saeed Ajmal

Don't know if Steyn, Phillander and Bresnan have played enough tests, although they had great years. To be honest not many countries played a lot of tests, what with the World Cup and all. Perhaps Boxing Day will confirm a few places in the side.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also the fact that India > Bangladesh last time I checked.

Well, the batting at least.

Jacknife

International Captain
Lol at people leaving Bell out, seriously. 950 runs @ 118.75 with 5 tons not good enough eh

FWIW

Cook
Dravid
Bell
KP
Younis
Prior
Shakib
Broad
Steyn
Gul
Ajmal

The bowling is tough, Ajmal has to be there but the seamers could possibly be raffled, none of the ones I've selected have had significantly better years than Philander, Rampaul, Anderson, Bresnan, Kumar who could all be included without too much fuss.

Put Dravid opening as well, he did open at one point in the year and scored 2 tons opening and all the other options have been gash
Surprised you've gone for Gul, he's had a good year but Jimmy's numbers are a bit better and he's faced better batsmen, like you said though there have been a number of good performers this year with the ball to choice from.
I'd have put Dravid opening as well simply because of the lack of a outstanding performer this year and he also showed what he could do opening in the summer.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
1. Cook
2. Dravid
3. Clarke/Younis
4. KP
5. Bell
6. Prior
7. Shakib (WAFG)
8. Broad
9. Philander
10. Ajmal
11. Anderson

12. Dougeh (WAFG)
13. Pattinson

Can't believe Shakib's omitted from many lists tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha yeah Dravid was basically opening for the entire series (and was opening at times), it's obviously not an issue for him.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Any bowler better than Swann is a chucker. (Waits for Ashwin, Narine and Senanayake)