• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

salman85

International Debutant
The adrenalin is still pumping after our first comprehensive series win against a top drawer,albeit weakened opposition,so maybe i'm overeacting here,but there is a definite feel good factor about the Pakistan team right now.

The spot fixing scandal has done wonders for the clean players.Normally,you would expect us to crash and burn,but there has been none of that.Sure,it's not like we've beaten Australia at home or something,but there's a string of good results going around,and every series seems to be a step forward.

So the question is,how good is this team right now?Good enough to give Strauss a thing or two to worry about in a few months time perhaps?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan is the only team in the world that can rise up brilliantly from controversy. No other team can do that. And we will definitely trouble England.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think they will trouble England somewhat but I don't think that the English team would be losing sleep over facing the likes of Aizaz Cheema, Umar Bull and Co

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I think they will trouble England somewhat but I don't think that the English team would be losing sleep over facing the likes of Aizaz Cheema, Umar Bull and Co
I think England will not struggle against Pakistan bowling attack but they won't be able to score 300+ all the time that's for sure. I wish we had Inzamam & Yousaf in the side.

ganeshran

International Debutant
If the series was in England I doubt that the Pakistan could offer any semblance of competition with the current squad.

However in the middle east, Pakistani bowling is an all together different beast. They seem to have mastered the knack of picking up wickets even in unfriendly conditions. Would definitely be a close series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They are going well. I just hope they don't bowl many no balls, for everyone's sake.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Its decent side thats punching abpve its weight. The team lacks atleast one world class fast bowlers bowler and a worldclass batsman to challenge the top 3. They will beat England in the odi's but get soundly disposed off in tests.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
What is this based on exactly?
The team is always changing. Our current test is completely different to the team a couple of months back but they are still performing.

I am not just talking about the fixing. The PCB ban, unban, introduce failures like Farhat, and yet Pakistan is doing well. There is something about the way Pakistan plays its cricket and the talent that it keeps producing. Go to any street in Pakistan and there are guys/kids playing cricket, all over the country.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
That's one example. Pakistan goes through this on a regular basis. Tell me when has the PCB management ever been stable in recent times, and yet we are not doing too badly. But it's also down to the talent we have.