• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan since spot fixing debacle

Xuhaib

International Coach
Don't get too carried away, the England series will be the real litmus test of how far pak have come.

England will put pak under real pressure, I don't have much hope of pak finding a way out, likely pak will just go ultra defensive.

Secondly England bat deep, Pakistan will struggle to bowl them out. Also pak do NOT bat deep, so eng will have it easier.
England has spanked much stronger teams recently so Pakistan losing to them is no shame, the point of this thread is to show the appreciation for a side that has got back on its feet by solid cricket from a position where its whole cricketing future was at stake.

In order to become a world class side we are still 2 world class players away imo. An attacking middle order batsman and a quick hostile fast bowler would add a lot to this team

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Misbah has done a decent job I would say but has to seriously consider chasing 250`s in 60 odd overs...I feel he doesn`t believe in his batsmen as much as he should. Needs to put more faith in his team and his own ability to play for winning...

Faisal1985

England has spanked much stronger teams recently so Pakistan losing to them is no shame, the point of this thread is to show the appreciation for a side that has got back on its feet by solid cricket from a position where its whole cricketing future was at stake.

In order to become a world class side we are still 2 world class players away imo. An attacking middle order batsman and a quick hostile fast bowler would add a lot to this team
If U.Akmal can come through after a decent domestic run in longer formats he can fill that gap easily....

Bowler wise, I don`t know, still would say one thing though, I know Junaid didn`t seem to be as impressive as expected especially with the new ball but when comparing Aamir`s exploits I think Aamir had really blossomed on NZ pitches and went on in Australia and then England...I would like to see Junaid take the new ball on some friendly tracks like Aamir did to see what he does...he didn`t do all that bad on flat tracks of UAE I am sure he will be pretty devastating on some friendly tracks i.e. NZ etc.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Misbah has done a decent job I would say but has to seriously consider chasing 250`s in 60 odd overs...I feel he doesn`t believe in his batsmen as much as he should. Needs to put more faith in his team and his own ability to play for winning...
i know what you mean but there is just not enough batting depth to chase challenging scores. Imagine what happens if Younis and Misbah get out trying to force the pace due you expect the Rehman's and Gul's to play out time? Also the pitch was not conducive to quick scoring SL had to force the pace as they were 1-0 down and still they scored at 3rpo did you seriously expect Pakistan to go at 4rpo with a 1-0 lead in the series?

Faisal1985

i know what you mean but there is just not enough batting depth to chase challenging scores. Imagine what happens if Younis and Misbah get out trying to force the pace due you expect the Rehman's and Gul's to play out time? Also the pitch was not conducive to quick scoring SL had to force the pace as they were 1-0 down and still they scored at 3rpo did you seriously expect Pakistan to go at 4rpo with a 1-0 lead in the series?
I agree the depth is not there.....I was referring actually to his comments about giving up on the chase after 2 wickets fell on the last day....I think that was a little early to give up.......but then again I can`t tell how tough the pitch was really to bat on....

smash84

The Tiger King
Mibah is a good risk free type of captain. He wants to do just enough so that he can secure the series. That is it. He is not like attack all the time and annihilate the opposition. To him it is more important that Pakistan not lose the series than win it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doing very well of late. Amazing what actually trying and pulling together can do for results even with a less talented team.

Lets hope this is the start of a long run of a clean Pakistan team with no match fixing garbage to take away from any decent performances.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree the depth is not there.....I was referring actually to his comments about giving up on the chase after 2 wickets fell on the last day....I think that was a little early to give up.......but then again I can`t tell how tough the pitch was really to bat on....
There was pretty much nothing to gain from chasing the total.