• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Domestic Season 2011/2012

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Baroda dismissed M.P for just 63 runs.
Yeah, was pleasantly surprised to read that in the morning. Good to see that the BCA have got their act together. Of late, pitches have been low and slow and crumble badly towards the end. This must be one of those spicy decks that Motibagh has always been reputed for. Still no f.c. side should get dismissed for under 100 on any strip.

If this deck holds firm, then with the traditional bounce, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the M.P. pace attack have the hosts in some sort of a bother. Including Firdaush Bhaja in the attack was a clear indication of what was to come. The lad's that sort of a nibbly seamer who thrives well in these conditions and it's good to see him do well.

Btw, are these matches being telecasted somewhere? It's a shame I cannot find a stream.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Looks like Parthiv is feasting against a friendly attack in Valsad. That's a good strip for piling on the misery and pace bowlers, in particular, have a very small margin of error.

H.P. in some sort of a bother against the Vidharba seamers. Look like a handful even in the absence of their striking power. Sandeep Singh is an impressive seam bowler, in my books, and has claimed a lot of good plate league hauls in the past (relatively speaking, of course).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, was pleasantly surprised to read that in the morning. Good to see that the BCA have got their act together. Of late, pitches have been low and slow and crumble badly towards the end. This must be one of those spicy decks that Motibagh has always been reputed for. Still no f.c. side should get dismissed for under 100 on any strip.

If this deck holds firm, then with the traditional bounce, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the M.P. pace attack have the hosts in some sort of a bother. Including Firdaush Bhaja in the attack was a clear indication of what was to come. The lad's that sort of a nibbly seamer who thrives well in these conditions and it's good to see him do well.
Probably, but even last year they had quite a few low scoring matches there with a lot of help for bowlers. It was their number 1 strategy, which got them to the finals. The breaking wickets they had helped both the spinners and the seamers, though the spinners more. This year they also have Irfan back so that might have influenced the wicket too, and he has been bowling well from what i have seen from highlights.

Btw, are these matches being telecasted somewhere? It's a shame I cannot find a stream.
Only, M.P vs Baroda being telecasted in India on Neo Cricket.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably, but even last year they had quite a few low scoring matches there with a lot of help for bowlers. It was their number 1 strategy, which got them to the finals. The breaking wickets they had helped both the spinners and the seamers, though the spinners more. This year they also have Irfan back so that might have influenced the wicket too, and he has been bowling well from what i have seen from highlights.

Looks like a fast bowlers' day out today.. Irfan and co doing the carnage here while the South africans make merry in Cape Town..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully there'll be a lot more results this round, certainly looks like it. Lol at Mumbai using 9 bowlers..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Goa seem to be doing well without Asnodkar, who's in deeper trouble now. Investigations are on about the aborted chase.

I turn on Neo Cricket and one more of those phony TV quiz contests is on. Dire.

I'll be following Baroda, for the Pathans, who seem to revel in Ranji action. Yusuf enjoys Ranji a lot more than the IPL, as his comments say, when you know that he's had a far bigger role here in the Baroda side than in any IPL unit. He's been less active today, though- scored just nine runs, and wasn't needed to bowl with the batting side out quickly. Irfan, on the other hand, chipped three wickets and also contributed enough with the bat to push Baroda ahead. Karnataka is another team to follow, a strong title contender, with Uthappa, Pandey, Vinay and Aravind.

All run-scoring bowlers have had a good round so far. Praveen Kumar scored 27 at over a run a ball, and then took a wicket for little. Amit Mishra top-scored with 71, and took the only TN wicket (Vijay) to fall. Vinay Kumar was two short of fifty, and then bowled seven tight overs, while a spinner (Appanna) rushed through the batting side. Mumbai were under the hammer, but both Dhawal Kulkarni and Iqbal Abdulla (capable lower-order contributors) shared most of the wickets. Any one having a great season is a sure-shot India contender.

Railways is already in a little trouble, having been the only ones to lose in the first round, and don't look like saving this match either. Spinner Murali Kartik had a good game with five wickets but sadly, selectors' minds are made up not to pick him. Mumbai have been brought down to earth by Rajasthan, who may run them into the ground with a 500, and then two quick wickets. Lots of wickets falling in this round, which is a welcome change. While both sides of biased wickets are considered dirty, something that favours the bowlers should be preferred just a little, given how many batsmen build up such mighty averages. Yet, the presence of several frugal and chippy seam bowlers gets unnoticed.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
It was their number 1 strategy, which got them to the finals. The breaking wickets they had helped both the spinners and the seamers, though the spinners more.
That has been true for the past two years. The historical nature of the Motibagh track is quite different from that actually. It's firm, offers real bounce and sideways nip. Not much of a spinner's paradise until the fourth day or so.

In the absence of Patel and I.Pathan jr. in recent times, they've gone for the "low, cracking pitch" theory. As I've previously said, it's a negative tactic that I'm personally highly critical of but they reckon it's horses for courses.

Given that Baroda has scored well (and now the visitors are batting solidly) in this match suggests to me that this track is still like the old Motibagh one. Good bounce and you always get value for your shots; good batsmen can see it through even if it moves around. One hopes they stick with sporting decks from here on to encourage good cricket.

Thanks...Will try to find a stream.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Looks like Maharashtra have absolutely murdered Hyderabad. 54 all out in the 2nd innings and Darekar has picked up 13 wickets in the match! A real low scoring contest there.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Rohit hit 2nd consecutive ton in this season Ranji trophy against Railways, although pitch is flat but Rohit looks in great touch this season

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seems a really flat pitch.

Btw, gun to see Tanmay Srivastava making a 175* for U.P. Was a star in his u19 days but has somehow struggled to translate the same to FC performances so far. Though, has a very good list A record.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sounds like another awesome knock by Abhinav Mukund. Should be on more A tours and should get another shot at international cricket soon... Think he can and should improve and become a quality player.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mukund (Y)
Mishra - lol. 71* and 1/111 odd when I last looked.

Last edited:

Daemon

Lol at Baroda and MP having to come back again tomorrow just to see 6 runs more being scored. Love how common sense just goes out the window sometimes in cricket.

8 wickets for Pathan on his return, not bad at all. Dare I hope :p?

Last edited:

Daemon

Has anyone watched Unmukt Chand bat? Been scoring quite heavily since his debut.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like another awesome knock by Abhinav Mukund. Should be on more A tours and should get another shot at international cricket soon... Think he can and should improve and become a quality player.
Yeah,been backing Mukund to be gun for so long now. ****ing selectors should have picked him instead of Vijay in the first place and kept him around the team.

Has anyone watched Unmukt Chand bat? Been scoring quite heavily since his debut.
When he scored his debut ton,heard that he was pretty highly rated in the Delhi Circuit.
Haven't seen much of him,(Just IPL and he struggled there due to nerves) but him and Mandeep Singh are the 2 highest rated u-20 batsman currently. And Chand is supposed to have the better technique of the 2, which should be good considering Singh looked pretty decent.
Apparently, may have some temperament/discipline issues though.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
8 wickets for Pathan on his return, not bad at all. Dare I hope :p?
Should have selected him over RP for the England tour. Or even as a all rounder option backup. Though, i understand it was tough to do not having played for a while, but RP was a 95% certain failure.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Should have selected him over RP for the England tour. Or even as a all rounder option backup. Though, i understand it was tough to do not having played for a while, but RP was a 95% certain failure.
Nah, Pathan wasn't match fit. A fast bowler who is not fully fit is never worth selecting. Never mind one for who it will be a recall. From reports of forum members elsewhere, he is bowling at just 120kph atm and so cannot be fully fit - he has to be up to 130kph if he wants to bowl in Test cricket imo. I have faith that he can do it though and the strong performance is promising.