• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Khawaja's quite bottom handed to my eye. Surprised it isn't commented on more. Think he'll have issues with the ball coming back into him.
Yeah, he already does from what i have seen so far.

But pretty sure that can be overcome in many different ways to a large extent. Someone like Graeme Smith is the obvious comparison in that regard.

On the other hand Warner may not have such a obvious clear cut weakness but his feet movement is often pretty lazy and minimalist all around. Especially when he starts off, it is almost like he is forcing his feet to move consciously and not naturally. And also am not sure he has the range of strokes all around the ground to overcome this by counter attacking.Think he'll have a problem with both the balls moving into him and going away from him as this makes him prone to play loose lazy shots specially when he is forced not to play with a straight bat of a fullish ball.

Pretty much reminds me of a similar debate i had a while back about Murali Vijay's technique versus IIRC Abhinav Mukund/Subramaniam Badrinath/Shikhar Dhawan(?).

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, gotta love it when the commentators just talk absolute fluff.

Lopsy has apparently been away improving all his skills over the offseason and they're all ever-impressed with the fruits of the labour he put in over that time.

For those playing along at home (not the commentators evidently) that off-season was spent in County Cricket, where he had such a disastrous stint that he ended up dropped and playing Second XI cricket, and he wasn't even impressive at that level.
Word around the campfire is that he enjoyed the, er, sights of Essex rather more than his employers thought prudent in a professional sportsman.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, gotta love it when the commentators just talk absolute fluff.

Lopsy has apparently been away improving all his skills over the offseason and they're all ever-impressed with the fruits of the labour he put in over that time.

For those playing along at home (not the commentators evidently) that off-season was spent in County Cricket, where he had such a disastrous stint that he ended up dropped and playing Second XI cricket, and he wasn't even impressive at that level.
Which precludes him from bowling well today, somehow?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which precludes him from bowling well today, somehow?
It doesn't. They were talking about how he must've had a good season though and put heaps of work in when it clearly wasn't the case at all. They were just making up rubbish because he was bowling well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's nothing wrong with the picture quality if that's what you mean. It's overcast as hell though.
That explains it; I thought it was twighlight until I worked out that it would be 3:30pm in South Africa. Wasn't sure if it was just ridiculously dark or there was something wrong with my TV.

Burgey

It doesn't. They were talking about how he must've had a good season though and put heaps of work in when it clearly wasn't the case at all. They were just making up rubbish because he was bowling well.
It looks as though it's the bounce that's causing the problems more than anything.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kallis with a haircut which should only ever be seen on tour, not at home.
I'd go so far as to say a syrup is never socially acceptable, tbh.

Can still generate a bit of heat for a fat old man tho, tbf. That bouncer was through at 138kmh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That explains it; I thought it was twighlight until I worked out that it would be 3:30pm in South Africa. Wasn't sure if it was just ridiculously dark or there was something wrong with my TV.
It seemed a lot sunnier right at the start of the game; how did your TV look then?

Burgey

I'd go so far as to say a syrup is never socially acceptable, tbh.

Can still generate a bit of heat for a fat old man tho, tbf. That bouncer was through at 138kmh.
I seem to recall the multi-coloured undercut gaining some acceptance on Video Hits circa 1994, give or take. Agree with you though.