• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Jeez! Came to see the great man bowl, missed the first over and saw Philander bowling a superb debut over. Pitches it up, looks to move it both ways and that's more than what I can say for many "test class" fast bowlers today.

Great signs! :)

Jayzamann

International Regular
A little bit of wee comes out erry time Steyn releases a delivery. I'll be dangerously dehydrated by the end of his first spell.

Also the last few pages of this thread indicate just how twitchy and keen for test cricket everyone has been.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liking Hughes' on leg stump here. So much better than last year. He couldn't turn a ball to fine leg.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
For some reason, I always assumed that Philander is a White guy. Maybe the surname sounded that way. Seeing him today for the first time and his bowling looks quite promising.

A trivia question for Saffer fans. How would Philander be classified there - Black or Coloured?

Woodster

International Captain
A beauty from Steyn gets rid of Watson early, squared him up and took the edge. Kallis making no mistake at second slip.