13 9.63%
  • BCCI is the best organisation out

10 7.41%
Page 55 of 125 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ***Official*** DRS discussion thread

Cricket Web Staff Member gvenkat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    No, the bottom line is every board except the BCCI does.
    Ok fair enough. But do you think that ICC should be responsible and put the system in place? why should it be BCCI?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    I am totally against using only slo-mo. It will only lead to incidents where the third umpire ****s up (like it happened in the Sydney test) and the whole thing blows up.

Also find BCCI talking about the welfare of smaller boards funny TSTL. ICC should pay up for the whole thing and BCCI should take the word of people who know better.

Also against using UDRS without Hotspot. It can potentially lead up to stand-offs when one team gets multiple calls turned down due to inadequate technology.
    There was no **** up in that Sydney test against India.

Discuss.

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
    Ok fair enough. But do you think that ICC should be responsible and put the system in place? why should it be BCCI?
    The BCCI can be as dumb as they want and instead spend the money on subcommittee of funneling money to random private accounts. That has nothing to do with opposing it on their tours.

And for the record, the ICC doesn't have the money to do this, without impacting the money that goes to development of cricket in countries. If you don't think the ICC should spend money on development, that's fine but the ICC mandate as it stands means they can't really afford it without expanding ICC sponsored events (which the BCCI would also oppose since it means they wouldn't be the ones making the money).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    That shouldn't be considered an actual Test, so you are completely right.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    for all the people who are after BCCI i would like to birng 2 points here..BCCI was defeated on two motions 1-10 and 1-9 in the past.the first one was whether there should be a world T20 championship or not and BCCi lost it as they opposed T20 at that time as it was some thing popularized y ECB at that time.

the second one was last year where it was defeated by 1-9 votes on a motion which said that if the home board wanted to use the UDRS they can.so with this ruling it was only the Home board which had to decide whether the UDRS should be used or not.But BCCI negotiated with SL,SA and WI boards to not use the technology using their power.

So as per the current rule if ECB want to use the UDRS they are well with in their rights to use it and does not have to get permission from BCCI.and i dont understand why they don't use the same now when they are free to use it with out approval from BCCI

Edit :i got this info from my news paper yesterday and may be GIMH or any one can confirm it with ECB in mean time i will try to get a link to same
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

All the replies from the ECB and the replies to the emails sent have been to the effect of "both sides have to agree" IIRC.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    for all the people who are after BCCI i would like to birng 2 points here..BCCI was defeated on two motions 1-10 and 1-9 in the past.the first one was whether there should be a world T20 championship or not and BCCi lost it as they opposed T20 at that time as it was some thing popularized y ECB at that time.

the second one was last year where it was defeated by 1-9 votes on a motion which said that if the home board wanted to use the UDRS they can.so with this ruling it was only the Home board which had to decide whether the UDRS should be used or not.But BCCI negotiated with SL,SA and WI boards to not use the technology using their power.

So as per the current rule if ECB want to use the UDRS they are well with in their rights to use it and does not have to get permission from BCCI.and i dont understand why they don't use the same now when they are free to use it with out approval from BCCI

Edit :i got this info from my news paper yesterday and may be GIMH or any one can confirm it with ECB in mean time i will try to get a link to same
    Actually from what the ECB is saying both boards have to approve. Which is a bit of a farce but there you go.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    All the replies from the ECB and the replies to the emails sent have been to the effect of "both sides have to agree" IIRC.
    International Cricket Council - News

as per the above link

if BCCI is the host they can decide to not use it
    if ECB is the host they have to consult BCCI on using it ...
    so its a matter of mutal consent only if the home board feels it need to use the UDRS

any way i think BCCI is going to be deafetd on UDRS by 7-3 this week and i hope that is enough for the UDRS to come into effect..but the Ind-Eng test series still wont feature UDRS..as per reports this will be implemented in series starting from August on wards only

Who are the 2 people voting with India? Sri Lanka and Pakistan iirc want it, and I'd imagine South Africa, West Indies, Australia, New Zealand and England want it? Are Zimbabwe and Bangladesh sucking up to the BCCI?

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Who are the 2 people voting with India? Sri Lanka and Pakistan iirc want it, and I'd imagine South Africa, West Indies, Australia, New Zealand and England want it? Are Zimbabwe and Bangladesh sucking up to the BCCI?
    ya india Ban and Zim in same Ship

and all others in another ship

Pakistan and SL though are agreeing on DRS could jump the ship if the SLPL and the President issues are solved.as for SA and WI they have always gone both side a lot of times so could see some twist

even if its 5-5 i think it wont come through
    Last edited by biased indian; 27-06-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    So Zimbabwe (who don't presently play Tests) have a vote on it?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Simon Champion!
    Just use the UDRS except the Hawkeye and Hotspot for the time being if all the objections are in relation to that?
    Every single broadcaster has slow motion ,so no extra cost and the third umpire has to make calls in any case. Atleast that will eliminate the obvious howlers /Clear mistakes.

Simon Champion!
    cricketwallah Cricketwallah (Ayaz Memon) on twitter -

Shekhar Luthra of NewsX is reporting that BCCI has relented on DRS, decision may be announced Tuesday...

Thread Information