• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
More than the results for round 1, I am eagerly waiting for the nominations for round 2.

Edit: Auction drafts are so much fun! There should always be 1 auction draft running in CW :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Good effort, nobody ended up paying a penalty.

The following have been drafted:

Hashim Amla - honestbharani
Eddie Barlow - pskov
Colin Bland - Michael7777777
Aubrey Faulkner - Pothas
Paul Harris - weldone
Denis Lindsay - Blakus
Jackie McGlew - Himannv
Brian McMillan - weeman27bob
Muttiah Muralitharan - smalishah84
Shaun Pollock - four_or_six
Mike Proctor - Samuel_Vimes
Barry Richards - Kyear2
Hugh Tayfield - Howe_Zat

The successful bids (from low to high) were as follows: $1, $170,000, $245,003, $345,782, $500,000, $900,111, $954,000, $1,292,000, $1,500,011, $1,750,011, $2,000,000, $2,200,000, $3,000,000.

Round 2 has the following players available for drafting:

Mohammed Aamir
Kamran Akmal
Learie Constantine
Jeffrey Dujon
Imran Khan
Rashid Latif
Xavier Marshall
Malcolm Marshall
Dave Mohammed
Garry Sobers
Clyde Walcott
Everton Weekes
Frank Worrell

Deadline of 4pm GMT Sunday with a nomination for round 3 to come from Australia or India.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nice. I get the impression I probably over-bid for Tayfield as he's not widely given the attention I think he deserves, but I was not going to be stuck with Harris.

On reflection, a surprising number of spinners went, in a round full of South Africans.