• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite moment

Spark

Global Moderator
Mine has got to be that staggering over Broad bowled at Lord's where Dravid and Laxman were dropped (one of about fifteen staggering no-result overs tbh). Amazing cricket, that entire session, but especially that over.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
For sheer comedy, Raina coming on to bowl after lunch with England something like 5/80 was pretty good.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The longest beer snake I've ever seen, also at Edgbaston on the day Howe mentions.
Which stand were you in? Thought that was pretty entertaining at first, but after a while I started to get annoyed with people crowding to draw attention to it.

The rampaging Scooby-Doo was also an impressive sight.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Behind the arm and the fat steward who moved about twice all day (and one of those was when the wind ripped the advertising hoardings and he was nearly knocked out)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For sheer comedy, Raina coming on to bowl after lunch with England something like 5/80 was pretty good.
Was just after I met Jono, went back to my seat and was like... wtf? Prior's batting that day though :fap:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Behind the arm and the fat steward who moved about twice all day (and one of those was when the wind ripped the advertising hoardings and he was nearly knocked out)
Haha, worse luck. I was square to the wicket, dead centre, in what turned out to be the specifically designated Barmy Army reunion stand. They're an interesting bunch to say the least. And loud.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Prefer my seats to yours - hate sitting square on.

Glad that I'm at roughly 45 degrees on Saturday in that stand rather than in the middle.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad's hat-trick the clear winner here, but honorable mention to KP going to his double ton by going nuts against Raina and Jimmeh's ball to Laxman.

Jacknife

International Captain
Broad's hat-trick the clear winner here, but honorable mention to KP going to his double ton by going nuts against Raina and Jimmeh's ball to Laxman.
The way KP went to his double was amazing, 158 to 202 in 17 balls, what more can you say.
Loved the hat-trick as well, especially given the time and the where England were placed in the game, it was epic.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Quite a few to choose from. I never watched Broad's hat-trick live as I was up a Welsh mountain. Receiving a message telling me it had happened was pretty special in itself tbh as I was getting a bit sad about the match situation at that point

For drama I don't think you can beat the wtf atmosphere surrounding the Bell run-out and the way the jeers flipped to cheers when he ran out to bat

But from the whole series, the greatest satisfaction for me personally was Anderson's morning spell on day four at Edgbaston. Seam bowling that can't be bettered that pretty much wrapped the game up and with it the number one status. Brilliant.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Prior and Broad's fightback at Lord's, as others have said a day I was at the ground. Partly chose this moment because it was awesome cricket, also because I was with friends and acquaintances including one who is a particularly irritating India fan who had been lol-ing hard at how England were going to lose during our collapse.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Trent Bridge day 1 for me as I had made the trip up from London to go there, and I saw an amazing see-saw day of cricket. Whilst I went to 3 days of the Lord's test, this had better quality cricket and was one of the few days where India really stepped up as well.