• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shastri Vs Hussain, Shastri has lost it

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
On a separate note, Bhogle should have cut Shastri off when he said "sour grapes".

I don't know what the relation between the two men is like but I'm assuming they are friends having worked together for so long. If my friend was drunk and on the verge of embarrassing himself on camera, my immediate reaction would be to thwart him. It's a pity that Bhogle actually leads him on.

That doesn't take away from Shastri's lack of discretion though. A sound-minded, adult commentator on air is expected to hold himself to better standards. A rap on the knuckles (a monetary fine, possibly) wouldn't be inappropriate, IMHO!

Jacknife

International Captain
Yeah but that was just embarassing.

I'll also throw in that I'd love to give Harsha Bogle's face a good slap. There's something about that man that bugs the bejesus out of me.
Man, that is one bitch I'd like to slap, ****ing Bogley.

Oh yes shastri, always thought he was a plonker.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Never had a high opinion of Shastri anyway so this is probably expected. Agree with those that find Bhogle annoying as well. Honestly, I dont even know what it is but that guy deserves a pie in the face or something.

On another note, echoing the thoughts on Ganguly's commentating. Actually like him more as a commentator than a player. I'm fairly partial to Gavaskar despite all the rubbish he says, but thats only because I liked him as a player though.
haha....gun post.....agree with almost everything

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Never had a high opinion of Shastri anyway so this is probably expected. Agree with those that find Bhogle annoying as well. Honestly, I dont even know what it is but that guy deserves a pie in the face or something.

On another note, echoing the thoughts on Ganguly's commentating. Actually like him more as a commentator than a player. I'm fairly partial to Gavaskar despite all the rubbish he says, but thats only because I liked him as a player though.
Ganguly has turned out to be gun commentator tbh.

smash84

The Tiger King
I was listening to Wasim Akram on this tour and he has improved leaps and bounds considering the **** commentator he was in the beginning of his commentary days. Might follow in the footsteps of Ramiz Raja. Although i must admit I didn't listen to him too much so he might have been spewing crap at other times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was listening to Wasim Akram on this tour and he has improved leaps and bounds considering the **** commentator he was in the beginning of his commentary days. Might follow in the footsteps of Ramiz Raja. Although i must admit I didn't listen to him too much so he might have been spewing crap at other times.
Ramiz Raja is horrible.. He came up with gems like "All the runs on the leg side, nothing on the on side". Juz chk out the Hear Hear section in Page 2 of Cricinfo.. And see how many entries Ramiz got.. He even said "It's the other one, just like the other one".. :laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
Ramiz Raja is horrible.. He came up with gems like "All the runs on the leg side, nothing on the on side". Juz chk out the Hear Hear section in Page 2 of Cricinfo.. And see how many entries Ramiz got.. He even said "It's the other one, just like the other one".. :laugh:
yeah but I meant Ramiz got better with time. He was even more lolworthy in his earlier days :laugh:

Ramiz is still a bit likable because he isn't quite as biased as some of the other commentators out there I think

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah but I meant Ramiz got better with time. He was even more lolworthy in his earlier days :laugh:

Ramiz is still a bit likable because he isn't quite as biased as some of the other commentators out there I think
He was cringeworthy but he has improved and isn't a smug arrogant git so that helps. Quite prepared to slag off his own side when needed and give credit to sides who are beating Pakistan which shows he isn't a complete **** unlike some who end up on tv/radio.

smash84

The Tiger King
He was cringeworthy but he has improved and isn't a smug arrogant git so that helps. Quite prepared to slag off his own side when needed and give credit to sides who are beating Pakistan which shows he isn't a complete **** unlike some who end up on tv/radio.
awta

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rameez and Wasim are both rubbish Waqar was our best commentator his english skills are not the best but he has decent wit and combines it well with some pretty good technical points especially on fast bowling.

Rammez carries a 500 words dictionary with him and he makes sure he uses atleast 497 of those words during the day's work.

smash84

The Tiger King
Rameez and Wasim are both rubbish Waqar was our best commentator his english skills are not the best but he has decent wit and combines it well with some pretty good technical points especially on fast bowling.

Rammez carries a 500 words dictionary with him and he makes sure he uses atleast 497 of those words during the day's work.
I guess we would have to disagree on Waqar. I thought he had a lot of trouble communicating in English. Worse still he reminded me of Amir Sohail...ugh

Himannv

International Coach
I like Ramiz and Akram as commentators. I like their personalities and I like listening to them. Being a big Akram fan I dont think it matters much to me what he says so I might be a bit biased in this regard.

smash84

The Tiger King
I like Ramiz and Akram as commentators. I like their personalities and I like listening to them. Being a big Akram fan I dont think it matters much to me what he says so I might be a bit biased in this regard.
I have grown somewhat fond of Ramiz now. At least he can criticize the Pak team (quite often) and is usually quite impartial.

Wasim I am not too sure as of yet.

Gavaskar, Shastri and Laxman Siva are so ****ing annoying
:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

yeah I guess he is somewhat less biased than most commentators and he does provide great comic relief with the words he uses..

I still remember Wasim saying "nothing unfazes Ponting".. Was just such a lolworthy moment.. Or Ramiz going "How well he has managed to mitigate this innings".. :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I request ESPNSTAR to get Shastri and Gavaskar cheerleader skirts next time they put them in to the comm box maybe SKYc an do the same for Botham. Harsha has also became quite average since he has started to be delibratley funny he should have continued to play the resident nerd role.