• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - IPL, BBL, T20s hate thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In.

Don't mind international T20 at the frequency it is taking place, which is very little. But hate these meaningless leagues that do nothing but injure and wear out cricketers weakening the international contests.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I cannot argue for the IPL to be shut down, because it does provide a lot of domestic cricketers with a payday they wouldn't otherwise have. I do wish the BCCI grew a brain and managed the centrally contracted players better. They should have stepped in and stopped Sehwag from playing for the Daredevils when it was apparent the surgery was unavoidable.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
T20 is the reason I'm going to get to meet Shane Bond, Akhtar, Nannes and a couple of others tomorrow :cool:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I've already subscribed to this thread. It'll be given a hurl of abuse this summer when the big turd gets under way

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
looking at the way indian team is playing with injuries and short of match practice in england, ipl is to be partly responsible. But onus also lies on a player.
Does he prefer county over country?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I agree with G.I.Joe that the IPL is good in the sense that it provides income for not only domestic cricketers, but so many others, like the guy selling snacks in the stands. However international cricketers should be paid more by the ICC for playing international cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In.

Don't mind international T20 at the frequency it is taking place, which is very little. But hate these meaningless leagues that do nothing but injure and wear out cricketers weakening the international contests.
I actually think the opposite if anything. These competitions that give domestic cricket more exposure and domestic cricketers the pay they deserve can only be good IMO as long as they are kept in their place. International T20 seems entirely pointless to me though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, T20Is ftw. Gives the likes of Darren maddy a chance to get smashed on the International stage more often.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I actually think the opposite if anything. These competitions that give domestic cricket more exposure and domestic cricketers the pay they deserve can only be good IMO as long as they are kept in their place. International T20 seems entirely pointless to me though.
If only these leagues were shorter, and did not involve participation of centrally contacted players (although of course in that case, the domestic players will not earn the money they are earning now). I hold IPL squarely responsible for India's shoddy performance in the ongoing test series in England.

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
IPL is fine if and only if it doesnt collide with international schedules.
But champions league is way to unipolar.
Fielding 4 ipl teams is a mockery on its name.
No teams from zimbabwe nd bangladesh, qualifiers for nz, wi nd sl team.