• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Trent Bridge

I honestly think that a lot of the excitiment has been due to how terrible India looked. The bowling looked powder-puff and the much-vaunted batting line-up, while having many more career runs, averages less than Englands.

Of course, what happened last game will not automatically happen again. As I said previously, if India play well and England dont then India can easily win the next Test or two. But it isnt hard to be high on England and low on India at the moment.
:huh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm. From memory, in terms of average rather than ability:

Strauss>>>Mukund
Cook<Gambhir
Trott>>>Dravid
KP<<Tendulkar
Bell=Laxman
Morgan=Raina
Prior>>Dhoni
Trott unbalances this badly by averaging about 10-15 more than everyone else, though.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Strauss>>>Mukund
Cook<Gambhir
Trott>>>Dravid
KP<<Tendulkar
Bell=Laxman
Morgan=Raina
Prior>>Dhoni
Trott unbalances this badly by averaging about 10-15 more than everyone else, though.
In order gives a slightly fairer picture:

Trott > Tendulkar
KP < Dravid
Cook < Gambhir
Bell = Laxman
Prior > Dhoni
Strauss > Raina
Morgan > Mukund

With Trott a bit of a samplesizelol, India have the better of the top players but England the better depth. As, of course, we already knew.

Last edited:

Strauss>>>Mukund
Cook<Gambhir
Trott>>>Dravid
KP<<Tendulkar
Bell=Laxman
Morgan=Raina
Prior>>Dhoni
Hmm yeah but the user says much vaunted batting line up, which wouldn't normally include a guy who's only played 3 other test matches before this one, and Trott >>> Dravid is taken out of proportion due to the fact he's played 20 tests in his peak whereas Dravid has played a 16 year career.

As I mentioned, we're only tinkering with numbers. As I mentioned, Trott's career is short enough for Tendulkar's run over the last two years alone to match it.
When/if Viru comes back, will the edge go back to Ind, or does Eng's depth still edge us out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looks like Tremlett's out. Bit of a blow.
Tremlett's a doubt for tomorrow, has pulled out of training according to Sky.
Well, crap. A test of England's supposedly full quiver, then. Hoping it's Bresnan rather than Finn, but bearing in mind bowling role I can see why you'd go with the latter.

Love the idea of a 7-10 of Prior, Bres, Broad, Swann.

Bresnan in? Still hate that **** after the WC.
Don't dis what you can't handle. :cool:

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, crap. A test of England's supposedly full quiver, then. Hoping it's Bresnan rather than Finn, but bearing in mind bowling role I can see why you'd go with the latter.

Love the idea of a 7-10 of Prior, Bres, Broad, Swann.

Don't dis what you can't handle. :cool:
If Bresnan is in reasonable form and Swann actually tries that would be a stupidly powerful tail. Could easily get 100-150 runs regularly from that.

If Bresnan is in reasonable form and Swann actually tries that would be a stupidly powerful tail. Could easily get 100-150 runs regularly from that.
Where would that rank amongst the test batting tails of all time? And is Tim a better bat than Ladyboy Broad?