Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kumar Sangakkara slams corrupt SLC

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Haha no he isn't. And he'll find out the hard way. For the next 20 years.
    At 33 Sanga doesn't need SLC, SLC does though.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    You think it'll be limited to his time with Sri Lankan cricket? You're much more optimistic than I. It's politics and it's run by politicians. He has to live somewhere for the rest of his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yea I do. If he is not going to be politically involved, no one is really going to bother.
    Still think there will be good that comes from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Still think there will be good that comes from this.
    Of all the things that may happen, this is one of the things that will definitely not happen. Just like every other issue that arises in Sri Lanka, "inquiries" will be made, political speeches will be made, reports will be asked for etc, etc. However once this issue leaves the forefront of the minds of people (in this case, specially the people outside the country), nothing will happen.

And then they'll deal with Sanga. Hopefully it will just be the end of his cricket career and nothing more.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Haha no he isn't. And he'll find out the hard way. For the next 20 years.
    Nah he's not an idiot. This was a measured criticism. If you reckon he hasn't thought about the consequences of this yet than you're seriously underestimating Sanga.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post

And then they'll deal with Sanga. Hopefully it will just be the end of his cricket career and nothing more.
    What does this mean?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    What does this mean?
    Well, lets just say you dont go around making statements to the global press about "connected" people. If you remember, in his speech he mentioned a newspaper editor friend of his. That guy was murdered.

If he said this in Sri Lanka or even if he put up it in an article in a Sri Lankan paper, it would be a lesser issue. However making it a global statement like this is asking for trouble.

If physical harm comes to Sanga because of criticisms then SL should be suspended from int'l cricket IMO.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    If there is retaliation (and IMO there will be without a doubt), it's not going to be anything like that most likely. They'll just needle him and get in his way if he wants to do something, start a business, get some kind of high profile job, etc (that's how things usually work in India at least, if you offend the wrong people).

Exactly. Its unlikely to be physical harm mainly because he's a public figure globally and also because what he said will most likely blow over after a while. I think his cricket career will be the first to take a hit once they find a reasonable excuse. Also whatever happens will occur after a while, not now while everyones got their eyes on this.

Don't think Sanga gives a **** about his future with the SLC anyway. In hindsight his reluctance to take over the captaincy last month seems as good a sign as any of what was to come. He's well off and street smart enough to just leave the country if push comes to shove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

U19 Debutant
    Well nothings going to happen to anyone, neither is anything going to change. Arjuna has made far bigger accusations over the years and nothing has happened to him. Besides it's not like Sanga really said anything particularly accusatory in his speech, he simply told the world what we as sri lankans have known for decades. It's people like peter roebuck who's taking what sanga said and pathetically converting it into an anti government political tirade.

If there is retaliation (and IMO there will be without a doubt), it's not going to be anything like that most likely. They'll just needle him and get in his way if he wants to do something, start a business, get some kind of high profile job, etc (that's how things usually work in India at least, if you offend the wrong people).
    Lol, why bring up starting a business when I said Sanga is untouchable with SL cricket? Never said this would have no consequences in terms of pissing of some corrupt pollies or two. Such speculation is not worth discussing (particularly on a cricket board) as that is all it is, speculation.

But he knows where his cricket career is at, and the pulling power he wields (if he was ever dropped without justification there would be a reaction). He chose his words very carefully and I'm sure he knows what is the worst that could come from him making such a speech.

Sangakkara is a treasure for saying this.

I lived with a bunch of Sri Lankans a few years back, great people, deserve better than they get from their politicians (which is true of almost every nation/race/people on Earth, but especially for them).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information