• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Lord's Test for the Windies in 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spot the guy who's never been to Lord's.
I've been there. It is slightly over rated if you aren't right into the history of the game, I imagine. Having said that, I thought it was fascinating and loved it.

Question four interests me. Look forward to catching up with certain cretinous bufoons on here.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've been there. It is slightly over rated if you aren't right into the history of the game, I imagine. Having said that, I thought it was fascinating and loved it.

Question four interests me. Look forward to catching up with certain cretinous bufoons on here.
I'm going to answer "yes" to question 4, because you keep clogging my Twitter feed by retweeting ******** Aussie politicians.

edit: haha, since when is numb nuts filtered?

biased indian

International Coach
one of the reason mentioned for this is that, Lord's will be hosting the Olympic archery event at the same time

Bun

Banned
a question as pointless as asking is it fair eng and aus play 25 per cent of their cricket between each other.

Burgey

a question as pointless as asking is it fair eng and aus play 25 per cent of their cricket between each other.
India and Australia would play as much I'd reckon, at least the last few years.

Mind you, the absurd Ashes scheduling coming up means Aus-Filth will be playing a lot coming up though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Yea it was fantastic because of the prestige and history associated with it, but purely as a ground (from a spectators pov), it didn't seem all that great - most of the stadiums in the US seem a lot more spectator friendly in terms of comfort and amenities (I haven't been to any other cricket stadiums in places like uk or Australia so I can't compare it to other cricket stadiums).

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea it was fantastic because of the prestige and history associated with it, but purely as a ground (from a spectators pov), it didn't seem all that great - most of the stadiums in the US seem a lot more spectator friendly in terms of comfort and amenities (I haven't been to any other cricket stadiums in places like uk or Australia so I can't compare it to other cricket stadiums).
I think having a massive grass picnic area for lunch rather than sitting squashed in your seat or in the undercover passages under the stands is a major plus for Lords. The views are all great too. Also, you can take in alcohol which I think is really spectator friendly!

The seats are too tiny (though that's a problem everywhere). My Mum was sat next to a massive bloke the other day who took up one and a half seats - luckily she's really skinny, but people like that should have to pay for an extra seat IMO! Only other gripe I can think of - which I'm sure more forum members on here aren't concerned over - more ladies toilets needed for T20s!

benchmark00

I think having a massive grass picnic area for lunch rather than sitting squashed in your seat or in the undercover passages under the stands is a major plus for Lords. The views are all great too. Also, you can take in alcohol which I think is really spectator friendly!
Really??

A throw back to the days when you could take in alcohol to the SCG - 1 case maximum though...

Uppercut

Yeah. There's a picnic area just outside the field of play, everyone brings baskets of alcolols and food and leaves them there for the morning session. Then they come out and munch sandwiches and drink beer during the lunch break. It's ridiculously glorious.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Really??

A throw back to the days when you could take in alcohol to the SCG - 1 case maximum though...
Yep, they managed to negotiate an exemption from the ICC (or is it ECB?) rules somehow. It's a bottle of wine each, can't remember the beer, GIMH told me the other day but beer without curry is yuck so I forgot again :p.

benchmark00

Yeah. There's a picnic area just outside the field of play, everyone brings baskets of alcolols and food and leaves them there for the morning session. Then they come out and munch sandwiches and drink beer during the lunch break. It's ridiculously glorious.
So you can't sit there sinking tins and watching the game?