• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most improbable results

hang on

State Vice-Captain
For some odd reason, I feel the need to discuss and rank matches in terms of improbable results.

What would your top 5 matches, ranked in descending order of improbability, be?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
This was up there. 3 bowlers bowling a quality Test side containing 3 batsmen averaging mid-50s for 82 in 25 overs on a pitch that saw 400 play 500dec?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This.

After that partnership ,Australia collapsed after Tea to Harbhajan too.
IIRC they had 8 wickets left at tea and were coming after a record winning streak.
Sachin nipped out 3 as well. :wub:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The recent Mohali test against Australia with V.V.S ,Ishant partnership at the end was improbable too from that situation though the winning side was batting second.

But nothing comes close to that Kolkata test.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Todays takes some beating for me as so much time was lost to rain but Headingley 81 and the Laxman game are both very special too.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
This is maybe the closest 2nd innings performance to rank alongside SL's today, even if it didn't immediately decide the actual result so decisively.

2nd Test: England v West Indies at Lord's, Jun 29-Jul 1, 2000 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
I remember this match incredibly clearly, still have the image of Cork smashing a six while chasing stuck in my brain.

I also remember the newsreader giving spoiler warnings for viewers who wanted to watch the highlights, LOL.

Last edited: