• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Crowe has Mid Life Crisis (and may well pull it off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodster

International Captain
I'm always aware it will not sit well with some. As with anything I say or do. No problem with that at all, it's healthy. But I do prefer fans to be informed accurately as well. So happy to join in, and answer on any queries re cricket.
Welcome Martin, if that is indeed correct (please forgive the scepticism, but it wouldn't be the first time someone's posted under an assumed identity). Hopefully it is and that you stick around the forum as your thoughts and insight would make for very interesting debate.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if this is Martin Crowe, it's fantastic to have a player of your calibre come on here and post. Thanks for that.

Did Dean Jones honour that bet with you about most runs in the 85-86 series, by the way?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
It's either the real deal or someone at Sky is having a seriously long-winded and bizarre lend of us. Make your own decision.

Flem274*

123/5
For the record guys;

Prince EWS said:
skytv.co.nz isn't a free email service; the owner of the domain would have to issue it. It's like how we don't all have @cricketweb.net email addresses for example.

It's either
- Martin Crowe; or
- someone with access to the Sky TV NZ website configuration settings pretending to be Martin Crowe

The latter would be pretty ridiculous.

James

Cricket Web Owner
All the discussion and posts over the past few hours have been deleted in an attempt to clean up the thread and the general nature of where the thread was heading. As Martin has now checked out from posting on the forum due to these posts, anymore questions at this point in time will obviously be un-answered.

If you want to discuss Martin's return to club cricket go right head. Anything else, keep it off the thread.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Really pissed off if "Hogan" is Martin Crowe (given mod and Jame's statements) :@

All time great on the forum who was giving excellent feedback on his comeback (which let's face it is why we were reading this thread) and we piss him off.

And for Martin, loved watching you and Hadlee in the 80's :)

Days of Grace

International Captain
AWTA. I know it's cool to be cynical in this day and age, and I promote skepticism, but FFS, the evidence was fairly substantial that it was indeed M. Crowe and we have just lost a great chance to have an actual all-time great player posting on the forums.

Hope you come back, Martin.

Woodster

International Captain
Absolutely agree with the last couple of comments, let's hope the minority don't ruin things for the rest of us (as is frequently the case in life) and Martin returns.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Absolutely agree with the last couple of comments, let's hope the minority don't ruin things for the rest of us (as is frequently the case in life) and Martin returns.
man, do we know how to drive away the one chance we have to talk to an ATG about cricket on a cricket forum. And people wonder why we are thought of to be stupid?

I, for one, would have dearly loved to see some of the posts spouted about Sobers' bowling by people who would not have even seen a picture of him bowling.

If you are reading this, Mr. Crowe, please do accept our humblest apologies and reconsider your decision and make a comeback to posting, just like your comeback to cricket. :)

Hogan

Cricket Spectator
I had my suspicions well before that..but quite right, that perked my interest too.
Here is the last post to finally confirm I am who I say I am. To have to do so is absurd, but my horse was Sharvid Miandad, it ran 6 times, winning at Epsom, won 12k and the fees were 12k, was jointly leased by my brother Jeff, Ricky Herbert and our business manager Daryl Sambell. I don't drink wine at Cornwall, I drink Macs Gold to quench my ****ng thirst. Look forward to seeing you play Steve for HP on Dec 10, until then all the best. To the rest of you thanks for the trust and any questions go thru James, who we've already shared emails.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Given the way a small minority of members singularly failed to give Martin the welcome and respect he deserved I'm closing this thread now he has had the last word.

This is not a bar on discussing the man who I would say is the finest batsmen New Zealand has produced, but it is a lesson for those who need it not to jump to conclusions that involve insulting new members.

If you want to continue discussing Martin's return to club cricket, then please open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.