Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Your Cricket Season

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I have another theory on why you went out. Usually after a boundary I make a point of playing a defensive stroke or pushing a single as I know that the bowler is going to bowl a better ball.

The only time I will hit multiple boundaries in a row is if I don't rate the bowler.

You sound like you have a cracking pull shot.
    Try to play balls on merit, and the one that got me was def pullable. I was just too slow on the shot, or it was to quick for me, or both! Getting too old!

My wagon wheel would def favour the on-side!

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    To each his own.

Out of interest I also will give the bowler the over after 5 good deliveries and will make no attempt to score of the 6th ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    To each his own.

Out of interest I also will give the bowler the over after 5 good deliveries and will make no attempt to score of the 6th ball.
    Interesting. Do you mean if you haven't scored off the first 5, you won't make any attempt off the 6th?

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Got my first Golden Duck today, to say i was gutted would be a huge understatement.

Felt confident heading into the game after my performance last week of 55 off around 35 balls....but got a in swinging yorker first up, tried to play it legside instead of straight down and got bowled.....

onya cane

top edge caught by square leg = you're a hack

got rained off no play. drank for 9 hours, was cashed up for ages but ended up pissed, full and happy for 200
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Rain reduced the game to 35 overs. I went in at 50-2 in the 16th over. The situation called for a quick fire 20 to inject some energy into the inning. Instead I played a steady 7 runs before falling lbw when it was to smack it.
    Wasn't dissapointed when I got out as it was time to have a go even though the ball required a forward defence.
    We finished up on 119 after our overs which was always going to be 20 runs light and that proved to be the case. Still they had beers with us after the game.

top score of my life yesterday, 41* off about 30 balls perhaps, at first just feeding the strike to my opening bowling partner who got us out of the poo with 87, when he got out I went the tonk, got 3 zaks and we took 100 off the last 9 overs. knocked em over quickly (took 2/7) and a catch. what a day.

thanks to top_**** for the sweet bat too!

Awesome stuff.

Quack.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    I've come up against two ridiculously quick bowlers in park cricket these past 2 seasons. One guy was playing Grade in October and was still playing in about the 7th level of park cricket we've got in March. He was reportedly clocked at 128km/h in the nets, and was probably around 115km/h in the game.

Then yesterday we faced a guy who was, by all estimates, hitting 120km/h. Tore through out middle order, taking 6/10 off 8. Five of those runs were conceded when he beamed me.

I made a third ball duck, nicking off to the wicketkeeper. At least I didn't get bowled like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    . At least I didn't get bowled like everyone else.
    Good consolation Dan indeed.

jan
    The belated scorecard from our last match of the season was finally published. I made 13 with the bat which is good from my point of view.
    But my bowling was really Tahir-esque. 3 overs, 29 runs = economy 9.67, beat this Imran!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

Scored 11 not out to support our number 3 batsman. We chased down 105 with just 2 wickets down. I got fined for hitting boundaries near the end and not letting our number 3 bat reach 50. I think I lost track of how many there were to win.

we didnt get enough. in the poo again. told myself to block, got caught on the fence for a duck, ****

not enough to defend switched around the bowling a lot, didn't get enough wickets

lost my first toss too

all around **** of a day, held my own in the tab thankfully

Played an awful team today. They did that thing MS Dhoni does by yelling at Oi everytime we hit the ball because they were dissapointed it didn't bowl us. Because they were bowling with a two piece they ran through us as they had a guy who was getting to hoop around.

Very annoying to crumble against a team of such bad sports. Excessive appealing everything. At one point there was a confrontation.

We have to play them again next week as it is a two dayer. We are getting humped at the present. We just can't lose to these Kaaaants I forbid it.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information