• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - India in West Indies

Borges

International Regular
Vinay will probably miss out, but I've always thought he would be one better suited to Test cricket anyway - not that he is ever likely to get that opportunity.
+1.

This bowling lineup, though, is too strong for Vinay to break in, although conserving Munaf Patel for the Tests may get him in. The option of resting Harbhajan and running in Mishra for the Test series through the ODI/T20 leg should be explored.
From what I've seen of the WI-Pakistan series, India should play just two quicks and stack the team with spinners. With Srawan in not too goo nick, even the dibbley-dobblers Yuvraj/Pathan/Raina should do well against this batting line up.

He does have his pace back, but I'd have liked to see his stock inswinging delivery back more. Also, I don't know much about the technicalities of bowling actions but the problem he had where he was falling away and a majority of his deliveries pitched on the 6th stump was still present in most of his spells. There was the odd spell or two especially towards the end of the ipl where he seemed to have corrected it though.
He seems to have become more side-on now; and it has helped him find his bowling rhythm no end. But yeah, the old stock inswinging delivery was not very much in evidence.

shivfan

Banned
It's unlikely it will - if Edwards isn't making the side I dont see why Taylor should... Gayle still finds himself in the middle of an argument between the WICB and the WIPA, Bravo isn't good enough to make the test side, that's it really... What will perhaps be more interesting is how Sarwan Samuels and Brathwaite fair against Pakistan in staking their respective claims for the side with Chanders most likely to come in for who ever does worse out of Sarwan and Samuels... If they all at one stage perform (unlikely) then there'll be a different mould of headaches for the selectors than what they're used to...
That's an argument that needs to be resolved very soon, and I hope Barath is brought back to full fitness as soon as possible, because without those two at the top of the order, the Windies are going to struggle against India, even without an injured Gambhir....

salman85

International Debutant
Bishoo's first real Test starts here IMO.

Incredible spin talent vs The best players of Spin in the world.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Like Sehwag, Gambhir risked an injury sustained in the World Cup by playing in the IPL. He's yet another player who puts the IPL before international cricket.
I won't be harsh on Gambhir for this. After playing that gem of an inning in the World Cup final, if he puts IPL ahead of a ODI series in WI that seems very much pardonable to me.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Test squad announced:

Dhoni (c), Laxman (vc), Vijay, A Mukund, Dravid, Kohli, Badri, Harbhajan, Ishant, Sreesanth, Mishra, Ojha, Zaheer, Munaf, Raina, Parthiv

Tendulkar rested, Sehwag and Gambhir out. Mukund, Kholi, Badri and Raina but no Pujara...?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yep.
Confirmed.

So Sachin,Sehwag,Gambhir and Pujara missing from the first choice test team.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Test squad announced:

Dhoni (c), Laxman (vc), Vijay, A Mukund, Dravid, Kohli, Badri, Harbhajan, Ishant, Sreesanth, Mishra, Ojha, Zaheer, Munaf, Raina, Parthiv

Tendulkar rested, Sehwag and Gambhir out. Mukund, Badri and Raina but no Pujara...?
Pujara got injured in the IPL .

Knee,i think.

Really feel sorry for him the most. Had a chance to cement his spot in the team here after just having broke through.

This injury comes just at the wrong time for him and Badri/Kohli will now get ahead of that one spot in the full strength team.

Probably needed him for England too ,with him demolishing on the India A tour there last year.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Test squad announced:

Tendulkar rested, Sehwag and Gambhir out. Mukund, Kholi, Badri and Raina but no Pujara...?
1. Murali Vijay
2. A Mukund
3. Rahul Dravid
4. VVS Laxman
5. S Badrinath
6. Suresh Raina
7. MS Dhoni
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Pragyan Ojha
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Munaf Patel

That team should be able to win, but **** me there are a lot of people missing!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yuvraj Singh was a certainty for the test side :-O:wacko:,but had his liver was infected and now misses the ODI series too.

Manoj Tiwary called up to the ODI squad as a replacement for him and Shikhar Dhawan as a replacement for Gautam Gambhir.

Odd Choice of Dhawan for the ODI series,when they could have picked Mukund for both.

And Would have liked Rahane Instead of Manoj Tiwary.

All the top domestic performing and upcoming batsman getting a chance on this tour except Pujara(Injured) and poor Rahane who averages the most and keeps getting overlooked.:@

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, absolutely delighted with Mukund and Badrinath in the test squad.
Yippie.

Mukund > Vijay ,IMO.

Not too happy with Raina there,though.