• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players that are the most overated by CW posters.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ilikena Lasarusa Talebulamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau. i mean sure he has a pretty impressive fc record but he only played 9 matches most likely against sub-par opponents. all this "could have been better than bradman" talk is ridiculous

benchmark00

Ilikena Lasarusa Talebulamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau. i mean sure he has a pretty impressive fc record but he only played 9 matches most likely against sub-par opponents. all this "could have been better than bradman" talk is ridiculous
What a load of horse ****.

Anyone who has seen Talebulamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau play will tell you that he is a gun. I'm sick of ****s going around thinking they know everything when they only read stats.

Death to your family.

Spikey

WELL I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM PLAY BUT THE DUDE'S LIKE 89 AND LIVES IN FIJI. you ****

smash84

The Tiger King
Tendulkar, easily. Far and away the most over rated player here. You'd think he farted incense the way people talk about him. I recall discussion on here where Sreesanth was criticized for daring to bowl to him in a domestic match and having the sheer gall to, brace yourselves, stare at the great man.

Sreesanth was rightly condemned by all of CW for being so uppity. Ain't but no one stares at Sachin.

He has dominated every bowler, everywhere. The only time McGrath got him out was due to a bad decision- the 99-00 series in Australia will forever be known as the "get Sachin" series - the umpires cheated to remove him cheaply. We won't talk about the 2001 "Get Gilchrist" series.

He has won every world cup and test match he played in, and has secured MOtM in all of them. There is a queue from Sydney to Mumbai waiting to have his babies. I, for one, am at the head of it. It's the only head I'll have for quite some time I imagine.

Sachin also has by far the best haircut of any cricketer, ever. He's taken so many odi wickets he's a better all rounder than Sobers, and dare I say it, may even be approaching Imran status.

You ask how I know this? statsguru told me. I'm only 17 or 18, but a glance at statsguru imbues me with the knowledge and ability to read a game of the great Richie Benaud who, to the extent that his views differ from mine, is plainly starstruck in holding Ray Lindwall and Keith Miller so highly. I, by contrast, am in no way star struck by Sachin, or indeed by any one else. It's just coincidence that I think the 90s is the greatest decade of cricket ever, and I happened to grow up in that very decade.
:laugh:

Cricketers are just cricketers, just people. To overrate any of them is just idiotic. They play a sport.

I dont even know why i'm bothering to say this, but IMO no player except Bradman was so far ahead of every other player in the game when he played, the rest including Sobers, Richards, Imran, Sachin etc were/are all great players but none of them were almost twice as good as the opposition. I'm no Bradman fanboy by any means, I personally detest the man and his attitude, love reading Bradman hate books over the years, love Chappelli's rants about him in the 70's, classic stuff, so much hate.
lol.....top notch stuff rob........i agree with u on this......

Indeed. Can go suck it, frankly.
u beat me to this :)

Swap the Aussies for Blewett, Reiffel and Elliot and i may agree the English were better.

Anyone who says the english players were better than the great Aussie ones is talking out of their arse, only English player who would have got in the Aussie side through the 90's is Thorpe.
AWTA

Teja.

Global Moderator
Tendulkar(Complex relationship with CW tbh. There are loads who overrate him but that also means the normal fan thinks tiwce before heaping OTT praise on him when compared to doing the same to say, Dravid.)

Sobers as a bowler(Okay, perhaps he wasn't as below average a bowler as the stats tell us, Maybe he was better than that but some make it sound like the Greek Goddess Hera stripped and danced evertime he bowled)

Ishant Sharma (He's not a once-in-a-lifetime talent because he beat Ponting thrice, srsly)

Afridi as an LO batsman(So much wrong with him, I don't know where to start)

vcs

Tendulkar, easily. Far and away the most over rated player here. You'd think he farted incense the way people talk about him. I recall discussion on here where Sreesanth was criticized for daring to bowl to him in a domestic match and having the sheer gall to, brace yourselves, stare at the great man.

Sreesanth was rightly condemned by all of CW for being so uppity. Ain't but no one stares at Sachin.

He has dominated every bowler, everywhere. The only time McGrath got him out was due to a bad decision- the 99-00 series in Australia will forever be known as the "get Sachin" series - the umpires cheated to remove him cheaply. We won't talk about the 2001 "Get Gilchrist" series.

He has won every world cup and test match he played in, and has secured MOtM in all of them. There is a queue from Sydney to Mumbai waiting to have his babies. I, for one, am at the head of it. It's the only head I'll have for quite some time I imagine.

Sachin also has by far the best haircut of any cricketer, ever. He's taken so many odi wickets he's a better all rounder than Sobers, and dare I say it, may even be approaching Imran status.

You ask how I know this? statsguru told me. I'm only 17 or 18, but a glance at statsguru imbues me with the knowledge and ability to read a game of the great Richie Benaud who, to the extent that his views differ from mine, is plainly starstruck in holding Ray Lindwall and Keith Miller so highly. I, by contrast, am in no way star struck by Sachin, or indeed by any one else. It's just coincidence that I think the 90s is the greatest decade of cricket ever, and I happened to grow up in that very decade.
Tendulkar has hardly got a mention on this forum for a long time TBH. Don't know why you always think he's the one who has to carry the can for the statsguru-based comparisons that are in vogue lately.

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer

In all seriousness, I agree with the view that Robelinda espoused above. I honestly believe that, if you look at the entire forum, there are barely any players that are overrated by the members of Cricket Web. At the end of the day, for every dribbling fanboy of (insert player's name here), you're pretty much guaranteed to find someone somewhere who thinks self-same player is a complete good-for-nothing donkey. The only exceptions to this trend are the all-time greats, but even there opinion tends to vary as to just how great these players were.

To be honest, it's pretty much human nature to over-rate players you like and under-rate players you dislike. Most of the time though, this evens itself out over the breadth of the forum. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What if Benaud also has Sachin as the second greatest batsman ever?

:p

Also, Sachin's haircut is clearly world class, it's just typical anti-Sachin sentiment that implies anything else.