• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC's All time ODI dream XI

smash84

The Tiger King
The ICC's All time ODI dream XI

Openers: Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag
Middle-order: Brian Lara, Viv Richards and Ricky Ponting
All-rounder: Kapil Dev
Wicketkeeper: Adam Gilchrist
Spinner: Muttiah Muralidharan
Fast bowlers: Wasim Akram, Glenn McGrath and Allan Donald
12th man: Michael Bevan

So what do you guys think. Certainly the bowling attack is awesome. Not sure Kapil fits in with the all rounders role here or does he???

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Sports | Three Indians in Dream XI

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag doesn't belong there. Get Bevan in there ahead of Sehwag.

No Joel Garner is interesting to say the least.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, Sehwag's been great in recent times, but not sure that he belongs in this company with regards to ODI cricket.

Bun

Banned
Jayasurya instead of Sehwag.. Same explosiveness with the bat, much better bowler and fielder.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Would take any of Adam Gilchrist, Chris Gayle, Matthew Hayden, Dean Jones, maybe even Jayasuriya, above Sehwag. Thats just off the top of my head, there's loads more.

Not sure about Dev either, many other allrounders I'd choose above him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Richard Hadlee instead of Donald. Maybe Shaun Pollock instead of Dev. Get Gilly to open with Sachin and play Bevan.

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Michael Bevan
Shaun Pollock
Richard Hadlee
Wasim Akram
Muthiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Could pretty much open with Gilchrist so there's no need of Sehwag. Mine would look something like this:

Adam Gilchrist+
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting*
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Joel Garner
Muthiah Muralitharan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What?

Kallis, even with his bowling, is not a better ODI cricketer than Ponting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sehwag's inclusion is absolutely dire and, TBH, I think there's a massive modern-day bias in that whole team.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag doesn't deserve to be there.

Or perhaps they used PEWS logic and included his bowling. But even then i would have jayasuriya ahead of hm in tests.