• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches II

Satyanash89

Banned
If Sachin had got India over the line I'd probably feel differently about it, but it looks like they collapsed in a heap with the line in sight when he went.
What does that have to do with how great the match was? The collapse was due to Saqlain bowling spin as well as anyone ever has.
Sachin's epic hundred, Saqlain's brilliance, Wasim bowling pretty much the ball of the century to get Dravid, Afridi's amazing hundred, each session swinging the other team's way like a pendulum, a terrible collapse to finish it all off and the crowd actually applauding the Pakistan team at the end... its got more epic ingredients than most test matches in this battle to be honest

Satyanash89

Banned
Amazing matches all three of them... Kolkata and Edgbaston deserve to be finalists.
Tough one but its got to be .Kolkata 2001 Even putting aside my bias as an Indian, i honestly believe it to be the greatest test match ever

L Trumper

State Regular
Edgbaston. To reiterate my point about 40 wickets, 4 RPO across the game. Will never happen again. The greatest game ever played IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really tough one this. Eden Gardens, like Headingly was a phenomenal turnaround, but for share enthrallment Edgbaston has it's nose marginally in front for me.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrific game that Eden Gardens was it has to be Headingley, so many sideshows coming together - Botham's heroics after being written off after the first Test, Brearley's return with the Midas touch, and Bob Willis's amazing spell to reply to those pundits who were calling time on his career - not to mention Lillee and Marsh's famous wager

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't vote for a match where Trevor Chappell scored 27 in 135 balls.

In all seriousness, seriously tough, but Eden Gardens for me. Everyone talks about Laxman and Dravid, but at 0-74, even after that epic partnership Australia should not have won that game. They lost so many wickets in that last session.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both amazing tests, but Headingley is straight into the confectionary stall and out again for mine.