• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj vs Sehwag (ODIs)

Who is the better player in 'ODIs'?

• Yuvraj

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Sehwag

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

angad

U19 12th Man
Record against top 5 ODI teams.

Yuvrajs average against Aus, Eng, SA, SL, Pak - 29, 54, 47, 34, 48
Sehwag average against Aus, Eng, SA, SL,Pak - 22, 37, 26, 36, 35

Yuvrajs no. of 100s against Aus, Eng, SA, SL, Pak - 2, 3, 1, 1, 1 (Total - 8)
Sehwag no. of 100s against Aus, Eng, SA, SL,Pak - 0, 1, 0, 2, 2 (Total - 5)

Yuvraj is the fourth most prolific fielder in effecting ODI run outs, He is one of the better fielders in the Indian team.

Both are usefull ODI bowlers, similar no. of wickets, strike rate, average and economy.

What do you guys think? :)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eng have only recently been a top 3 ODI team. They were crud for many years.

I would not limit the statistical comparison to just those three teams.

SL for example have been a superior team over the journey of these players' careers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably Waterboy at this point, even though he's been taking an awful lot of stick from Indian fans of late. BTW, he has a sensational record against England in all forms of the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah Sehwag won't play long enough to pass Yuvraj. Won't give enought of a **** to bother.

Said he'd call it quits when he gets to 100 tests or something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep no doubt its Yuvraj. Sehwag until the last 18 months was too much of a 25 (18) ball batsman. Not enough 60 (55) or 110 (95) knocks from him. Glad to see he's gotten much better.

Both have poor records against Australia ftr. Shows just how awesome Sachin has been in that time, because his ODI record against them is superb. Wafg.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Considering that Sehwag is an openner i think he is a touch above Yuvi. Yuvi at most has been batting 4-6 positions, the ball is old and there is next to no movement...Sehwag has to face a new ball.....

I am considering there primary job as batsmen in this case.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Urgh not counting NZ? We were top 5 in every series we've played against India for yonks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Feel that Sehwag is better in ODIs than his record suggests, but Yuvraj has had the more telling impact for mine, and is one I would be more wary of if I was an opposing bowler.

Sehwag light years ahead in tests though.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yuvraj for me. Yeah he's out of form etc etc but he's been solid for a whole decade for India. Sehwag will probably go down as someone who didn't fulfill his potential in ODI's. Having said that he ODI record since his comeback in 08 is pretty good ( I haven't statsguru'd it but meh).

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yuvraj for me. Yeah he's out of form etc etc but he's been solid for a whole decade for India. Sehwag will probably go down as someone who didn't fulfill his potential in ODI's. Having said that he ODI record since his comeback in 08 is pretty good ( I haven't statsguru'd it but meh).
2149 @ 45.72 SR 123
49 Innings
5 100s
11 50s

Very good figures.