• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket’s great Bradman barrier

Matt79

Global Moderator
I count FC runs > ODI runs
I wouldn't count modern FC runs as > than ODI runs. FC stuff from the pre-ODI period I'd consider of equal importance to ODI runs, but since international limited overs matches have become regular parts of the landscape, they clearly belong in between Test runs and FC stuff in assessing a player overall.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't count modern FC runs as > than ODI runs. FC stuff from the pre-ODI period I'd consider of equal importance to ODI runs, but since international limited overs matches have become regular parts of the landscape, they clearly belong in between Test runs and FC stuff in assessing a player overall.
Quite true.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I count FC runs > ODI runs
That may be but you can't rule out ODI runs all together.

If you combine all 3 forms of the game, as well as at domestic level Sachin has 45799 @ 51.69.

Mind boggling IMO.

Split between 432 FC innings, 516 List A and 44 T20s.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Graeme Hick's first class runs are more important than Bevan's ODI runs?
I should have clarified I meant that I count pre ODI era FC runs as > ODI runs

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Should it matter whether I did or not? Sorry I'm not falling over myself kissing the very poo that Sachin excretes
Its better than digging up the grave and kissing his ****,See unless you have seen somebody bat or even have the knowhow of the era,its better to shut up.Off course sachin should not be compared to bradman and vice-versa.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Its better than digging up the grave and kissing his ****,See unless you have seen somebody bat or even have the knowhow of the era,its better to shut up.
:laugh: Yes because all historical feats of yesterday should be completed ignored because I couldn't watch them on Foxtel and rewind and pause on IQ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cricket God that is ridiculous posting. I reckon stop before making more of a fool out of yourself.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Yes because all the bowlers pre colour television bowled off a two pace run up with a 4 piecer.
Teams,Pitches,Proffesionalism,.................................................i could go on but the point is era's cannot be compared.even more so in this case.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
That may be but you can't rule out ODI runs all together.

If you combine all 3 forms of the game, as well as at domestic level Sachin has 45799 @ 51.69.

Mind boggling IMO.

Split between 432 FC innings, 516 List A and 44 T20s.
Gooch totals 49,136 by my calculation - not such a good average though and obviously not in the same league, but still a lot of runs

Maximus0723

State Regular
Domestic cricket > International cricket?

lol wtf

Different stakes when u playing for country and whole country is looking to u vs. u playing for a town and only a town is looking to u.

notice the difference...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Domestic cricket > International cricket?

lol wtf

Different stakes when u playing for country and whole country is looking to u vs. u playing for a town and only a town is looking to u.

notice the difference...
Before ODIs and what not FC cricket was often the highest level of competition.

Others had this exact same debate with Sir Alex not long ago

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Teams,Pitches,Proffesionalism,.................................................i could go on but the point is era's cannot be compared.even more so in this case.
Apologies for posting this yet again, but it's one good way of setting Bradman's feats into context. This graph shows all the batting averages of every player who's played Test cricket (it's a couple of years out of date but that makes no real difference).

Look at this, take in what it means, and then tell me that Bradman's achievements do not transcend history.