• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussey wanted to leave CLT20 early - Cricket Aust told him he had to stay

smash84

The Tiger King
He certainly didn't keep well. Dropped two costly catches and let plenty of byes through to the spinners, as far as I can recollect.

EDIT : What Brumby said.
Yeah. That is something that I noticed. His keeping was quite bad in this test match. Somewhat Kamran Akmalish. Ok I won't try to insult him that much.Bur he better sort it out soon otherwise India might end up paying heavily

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I blame the respective boards, personally. This tour was originally meant to be a 7 match ODI series - clearly an attempt by both the BCCI and CA to effectively print money.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I blame the respective boards, personally. This tour was originally meant to be a 7 match ODI series - clearly an attempt by both the BCCI and CA to effectively print money.
yeah, both the Border Gavaskar Trophy and the Ashes cannot co-exist - one has to go.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket does not need two T20 tournaments annually - that is T20 overkill. It was always lead to some clash as the CT has done with the end of English domestic season. Or very hectic & short revoery team between series that caused injuries to Bollinger here & Lee/Siddle during in 08.

Plus the IPL clashes with the windies home summer in some way.

Only one of them should be around (with the IPL preferably being revamped or scrapped), along with the T20 World Cup every two years. That is enough T20 cricket.

You need to find a time of the year when you have one of these tournaments, that it can be played an no countries home series (international or domestic can be troubled) & all world stars would be free from international commitments. AFAIS, the only free time where you can all players available is Early October/Novermber (early or mid)

Shri

Mr. Glass
How hard is it to not watch t20 cricket if you think it is overkill? Don't decide how much t20 is enough for everyone. If your limit is what you said, thats fine but please don't speak for everyone.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's overkill when it starts affecting players for the other formats which we do watch.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They can choose not to play in the IPL and CL. When Hussey said he 'had to play', it meant that CA wouldn't override the local club and deactivate him for national duty. Meaning the decision was between him and his club. CA is not going to threaten him and make him play against his will.

You can't make a commitment and choose to get paid and then moan about it. The club made a financial commitment to him and they'd be rightly annoyed if he chose not to play in the finals - next time, he shouldn't sign an IPL contract or sign a specific contract that exempts him from the CL if there is a tour within a certain time frame. But you can't take the money to play certain tournaments and then moan about "being made" to play those tournaments...

Clarke made a decision that he wanted to focus on Australian cricket, and he chose not to sign an IPL contract. That's completely respectable. Hussey can follow suit next time. He's going to be up for auction this year, let's see what he does.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cricket does not need two T20 tournaments annually - that is T20 overkill. It was always lead to some clash as the CT has done with the end of English domestic season. Or very hectic & short revoery team between series that caused injuries to Bollinger here & Lee/Siddle during in 08.

Plus the IPL clashes with the windies home summer in some way.

Only one of them should be around (with the IPL preferably being revamped or scrapped), along with the T20 World Cup every two years. That is enough T20 cricket.

You need to find a time of the year when you have one of these tournaments, that it can be played an no countries home series (international or domestic can be troubled) & all world stars would be free from international commitments. AFAIS, the only free time where you can all players available is Early October/Novermber (early or mid)
The IPL is a domestic Indian event, same as the Twenty20 Cup in England, the Big Bash in Australia etc.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The IPL is a domestic Indian event, same as the Twenty20 Cup in England, the Big Bash in Australia etc.
The IPL is domestic tournament being fronted as a international one. It is by no means comparavle to T20 Cup here on the Big Bash.

I am not interested in having this discussion again however, have debated it to the death on this side in the past years:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/37253-ipl-criticisms-14.html

You can read what i said about this point that you have made here in further detail from that thread (page 14 onwards).

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
The IPL is domestic tournament being fronted as a international one. It is by no means comparavle to T20 Cup here on the Big Bash.

I am not interested in having this discussion again however, have debated it to the death on this side in the past years:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/37253-ipl-criticisms-14.html

You can read what i said about this point that you have made here in further detail from that thread (page 14 onwards).
It is a domestic event with different rules on player restrictions and better pay checks. How is it exactly fronted as int'l event or whatever?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NO! No!

Do not make this thread a ****ty argument about whether the IPL is a domestic tournament, or whether it should remove the international player restrictions and all that other rubbish.

This is about player contracts and them fulfilling their duties, and how it affects their international cricket.

Shri

Mr. Glass
NO! No!

Do not make this thread a ****ty argument about whether the IPL is a domestic tournament, or whether it should remove the international player restrictions and all that other rubbish.

This is about player contracts and them fulfilling their duties, and how it affects their international cricket.
Gtfo Joni, I am trying to be an ass here.:p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is a domestic event with different rules on player restrictions and better pay checks. How is it exactly fronted as int'l event or whatever?
Cricinfo seem to call it an International event when showing latest scores but it is to all intents and purposes a domestic competition. Ironically it's the changing of the Aussie tour from 7 ODIs that's caused a few problems with the Champions Trophy now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm trying to be good this year and not waste time reading rubbish, so I'll pass up your generous offer.