• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I do not understand how Mohammad Sami can even be considered for a side that is known for its quality fast bowlers. I am sure there are at least ten fast bowlers in Pakistan who are much better than him.
That side my friend is called Pakistan.......so its possible...

Xuhaib

International Coach
A thought just past my mind how many matches our batting has cost us in the last one year? If we had just batted like a competent test batting team I am not talking about superlative batting like India or SA just standard test match batting we should have won Galle and Sydney and drew at Hobart and Lords which were flattish tracks, one might also include the first test vs NZL where 250 was quite chaseable on the last day. Thats atleast 4-5 tests that Pakistan batting has lost which they should have won or drawn over the last year quite a big number I feel.

Last edited:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
I agree Gul has been below par recently but with Aamer and Asif unavailability Pak has no choice but to persist with him, a lot of time has been invested on him and he could be hitting his peak in a year or two.At5mj you are not sure whether a Wahab Riaz or a Talha will come good or not so you cannot afford to loose Gul.

I will not look too much in this series even Steyn averaged 45 on these pitches against the might of Hafeez and Taufeeq.
Gul still got the ball to talk early on...and he is our best bowler atm with Amir and Asif out...i don't see who would replace him..

The pitches were quite flat anyway...
gul does have some good qualities, he does not seem to be a trouble maker for one

but not really sure i agree with the above - supposing a new guy comes in is he really likely to do any worse than gul?

i doubt it.

gul has never really had an above par patch in his entire test career except for his first ever test!!:laugh:

a new guy comes in and takes 6 sa top order wickets in his first match - what did gul do?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I do not understand how Mohammad Sami can even be considered for a side that is known for its quality fast bowlers. I am sure there are at least ten fast bowlers in Pakistan who are much better than him.
Doesn't Sami have quite a good domestic FC record?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
gul does have some good qualities, he does not seem to be a trouble maker for one

but not really sure i agree with the above - supposing a new guy comes in is he really likely to do any worse than gul?

i doubt it.

gul has never really had an above par patch in his entire test career except for his first ever test!!:laugh:

a new guy comes in and takes 6 sa top order wickets in his first match - what did gul do?
See me after the NZ series to discuss Gul.

Howe_zat

Audio File
"There have been key changes in the management as well, the most significant being the return of Intikhab Alam as manager of the side. Intikhab, a veteran manager, takes over from Yawar Saeed. He was also coach of the side until earlier this year and in an inquiry committee after the Australia tour in January called his players "mentally ********", as well as suspecting the motives of some of them in the now infamous Sydney Test loss."

Misbah returns, no captain named | Cricket News | Pakistan v South Africa | Cricinfo.com

:laugh: Gotta love Pak.
Misbah? Farhat? is this a joke?

Pakistan Circus Board continues to out do themselves there is no end to this torture.
Misbah is test captain. That is funny. 4th test captain this year. :-O
oh dear lord that garbage can is not going to get selected for a girl's school 2nd XI and there he is Pakistan's test captain.ICC do a favor and ban Pakistan because because in any case Butt will destroy it.
do the logical thing and bring back Younis as the skipper and build the side around youth Amin,Umer,Shafiq,Fawad,Azhar yes the team will struggle but its still going to struggle with recycled rubbish Misbah,Hafeez and Farhats atleast with youth there is hope they can mature in to good cricketers, but this is PCB and they don't do logical stuff.
I don't think i have any interest in watching the tests anymore...it is terrorism what Ijaz Butt is doing to Pak team...YK gets continued to be ignored...the only man left who is capable of captaining Pak...
Misbah now captain. Taufeeq, Sami and Kaneria recalled :laugh:
After seeing Misbah as a captain today.. I changed my Siggy.. it will remain that til younis comes in as a captain.
So sad seeing PAK like this. SMH
This is all PCB, the land of Joke.
Well I tend to think Misbah will do a better job captaining the team than anyone else in or probably even outside the eleven but as much as I think he was a pretty unlucky cricketer through his prime, I think he's finished as a batsman now.

He'll probably be the opposite of the modern captain and make pretty tactically sound decisions but fail to get the support of his team and be overthrown due to lack of runs and poor man-management.
Misbah 'MBA' Ul Haq will do as well as Salman 'MBA' Butt atleast Salman 'MBA' Butt had two world class seamers at his disposal Misbah 'MBA' Ul Haq does not even has that luxury.
I reckon he'll go alright tbh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah I've always liked Misbah, ended up defending him at various points as well both as a batsman and as a captain, but even I lost hope at one point. I did always think he'd make a good captain but I just didn't think he'd be backed in by the PCB long term (or score enough runs as I thought he'd declined).

Happy to be wrong though. Always been a fan.

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha yeah I've always liked Misbah, ended up defending him at various points as well both as a batsman and as a captain, but even I lost hope at one point. I did always think he'd make a good captain but I just didn't think he'd be backed in by the PCB long term (or score enough runs as I thought he'd declined).

Lol. Not scoring enough runs sounds like a much sanitized version of "he's finished as a batsman" :p