• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, regardless of any criticism of his technique one might have, he definitely has a lot of talent and, most important of all, a genuine appetite for runs and the temperament to pace and build an innings.

Was Yuvraj dropped or injured? Actually took no notice; was just happy to see him gone.
Yuvraj was sick.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What was the point of this Test? To give everybody a century and boost their averages?
To have Raina ton up on a flat track, and maybe, just maybe, ensure Yuvraj doesn't play the next test series.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Expecting greenish track at PSS. Historically was a good pitch with pace and bounce.

Looking forwards for a Dilshan blast tomorrow.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The difference being, on pitches that are unsuitable to bat on, playing can actually be dangerous.
This is just boring. Nobody's at risk though.
Really? When's the last time a batsman has been seriously hurt due to the pitch with all the protective equipment these days?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really? When's the last time a batsman has been seriously hurt due to the pitch with all the protective equipment these days?
Well wasn't there the ODI between India and Sri Lanka that got abandoned when balls started taking off from a length, hitting the helmet and the gloves etc. Just because nobody has been knocked out cold yet isn't really a good enough reason to allow play to continue until it does happen.
Why should somebody have to have a Daniel Flynn moment and have their teeth knocked out by a ball that's pitched on a length when it's pretty clear to see that it will happen eventually playing on such a pitch.

Anyway, that's pretty irrelevant to what I said.
FOTW said these games should be abandoned because they're unfit for cricket ala really, really bad quality pitches. I pointed out that those are abandoned as they're deemed dangerous.
If you don't think they're dangerous, good for you.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well wasn't there the ODI between India and Sri Lanka that got abandoned when balls started taking off from a length, hitting the helmet and the gloves etc.

If you don't think they're dangerous, good for you.
I watched that game - that pitch had uneven bounce but was far from 'dangerous'.

AaronK

State Regular
last night i fell asleep watching this match... one of the boringest matches that i have ever watched.. no disrespect.. the pitch is road flat and when there is no action from bowle and bowlers (swing, seam movements, reverse swing and soo on) it is just boring to watch..

that is why i hate matches in subcontenent.. it is meaningless.. pitches in Aus, England, NZ and South Africa are the pitches where test matches should be played..

last night i fell asleep watching this match... one of the boringest matches that i have ever watched.. no disrespect.. the pitch is road flat and when there is no action from bowle and bowlers (swing, seam movements, reverse swing and soo on) it is just boring to watch..

that is why i hate matches in subcontenent.. it is meaningless.. pitches in Aus, England, NZ and South Africa are the pitches where test matches should be played..

Agreed.It is made even worse by the fact that both SL and Ind have pathetic bowling attacks for this test.I am certain an Asif/Steyn/Amir would have made the match more exciting.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worse, being out there for 100 balls! Can't believe these guys have soaked up 25 overs.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Sanga should bring himself on to hasten the end of this abortion of a Test.

Both captains should have had the ability to shake hands, end this at lunch and admit the better pitch won.

Top_Cat

At his current scoring rate, it'll be day 5 of the 3rd test before he gets there.

700 up,

Cricinfo said:
Randiv is second on the list of all-time highest no. of overs bowled on debut. Behind Cartwright. He has just passed Nilesh Kulkarni.
Randiv to retire/kill himself. Who'd want another test after this one?!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
At his current scoring rate, it'll be day 5 of the 3rd test before he gets there.

700 up,

Randiv to retire/kill himself. Who'd want another test after this one?!
lol.. It seems the latest proposal to "revive" test cricket involves the top 2 sides playing a test till a result is achieved... Imagine if India and Sri Lanka are the said top 2 sides and the said "decider" test is played on this track.......... :laugh:

Jezroy

State Captain
It's tests like this that make people think there is no point to test cricket.

What a waste of friggin time. I would rather watch my team lose than watch 650 play 700. Because I think it wrecks test cricket. And I hate that.