• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies A tour of England

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much of a rap for Kirk Edwards? doesn't have much of a record but going ok today?
I liked him when he debuted a few years back with some solid scores, and a fifty or two. But he really hasn't pushed on. Has been decent value for the 'A' team this year though, but seems to vary between success and failure too often for comfort. Then again, so has everyone else on these 'A' tours.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Saj for England. What a bowler.

Really want Davies to ton up and lead the Lions to a win. Would love to see him back in England colours by the WC. Kieswetter's going to need some big runs in at least 1 of the final 2 ODi's against the Aussies, or he could be under some serious pressure. Happy for Kies to continue in T20i's, alongside Davies at the top, but in ODi's it's looking like 1 or t'other.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Anyone actually seen Russell bat? Would be interested to know if he's more Symonds than DwSmith with his big-hitting.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Devon Smith has bowled 4 overs in this run chase. Thanks for taking it seriously, West Indies 'A'.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Devon Smith has bowled 4 overs in this run chase. Thanks for taking it seriously, West Indies 'A'.
He's captain. Obviously rates himself higher than most :p
8 wickets in hand, should win this. Lower order not exactly stacked with notoriously big hitters though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Trott looks like seeing us home, 18 needed from the last 19 with six wickets in hand and Shazad due to come in at 10

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really sure what that taught us really, with established England bats scoring the runs. Guess it puts Shahzad and Woakes ahead of Saj in the pecking order which can only be a good thing.:)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Anyone actually seen Russell bat? Would be interested to know if he's more Symonds than DwSmith with his big-hitting.
I saw him make 19 runs in extremely bowler friendly conditions at Grace Road. Obviously it's difficult to judge a batsman on such a short sample but he played one off-drive which was text book in a way Dwayne Smith could never manage.

He hit two huge sixes, one with a slog sweep and the other with an emphatic pull shot off the medium pacer.

He reminded me slightly of Pollard in that he played some pretty effortless shots that seemed to go nuclear powered after hitting the bat.

His bowling was excellent as well, certainly an extremely good prospect, far superior to Baker or Tonge on what I have seen so far (though he was extremely expensive today, but that can happen to any young bowler who generates 88mph plus speeds).

Beamer

Seems to be a confident guy. How is his control? On a scale of Powell to Ambrose?
He had reasonable control with the ball, certainly not a Powell or a Best in that regard, but his main strength appeared to be bowling wicket taking deliveries fairly regularly, including a pretty lethal bouncer which has cleaned up a number of batsman on this tour, whether they be Irish or Indian.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
He had reasonable control with the ball, certainly not a Powell or a Best in that regard, but his main strength appeared to be bowling wicket taking deliveries fairly regularly, including a pretty lethal bouncer which has cleaned up a number of batsman on this tour, whether they be Irish or Indian.
When do you think he'll make his test debut Beamer? i love the fact that he's got genuine pace and height, plus he knows how to bat down the order which can be vital, also what do you think about Edwards? played a brilliant knock today!!.. does he have a chance?.

Beamer

When do you think he'll make his test debut Beamer? i love the fact that he's got genuine pace and height, plus he knows how to bat down the order which can be vital, also what do you think about Edwards? played a brilliant knock today!!.. does he have a chance?.
Russell may well get a chance soon considering the injury record of our good bowlers and the poor quality of our back up seamers. I think he may well have a decent international career ahead of him. But is he ready now? My gut feeling is probably not quite yet tbh.

As for Edwards he has played some really good knocks for the A team this year but on the only occasion I saw him he struggled to get going and was lbw pretty early on.

shivfan

Banned
A great start by the WI pacers!

They removed Gale, Trott and Bell all for a total of two runs between the three of them. Two wickets for Tonge, and one for Baker....

Beamer

A great start by the WI pacers!

They removed Gale, Trott and Bell all for a total of two runs between the three of them. Two wickets for Tonge, and one for Baker....
Ah Mike...............

We Windies fans never learn do we? :laugh:

England A 326/7 with 3 overs left.

Lionel Baker 9 overs, 1/71. Admittedly almost everyone has got the treatment in the last two games, but Baker is just not international standard. 80mph only, no movement and not very accurate either. Hopefully this is the last A tour Baker will be on, Jason Holder would have been a much better option, I don't care what FC experience and stats lovers say.