• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

Himannv

International Coach
LOL!! Nice work Joe. I have one too but its not as detailed as yours. Definitely doesn't have an awesomeness column lol. Had a huge one for the Test match draft though. That had a sheet per round with colour codes, filters, costs and the works..

Figured I take part in too many drafts these days so I cut it down a notch. Only thing mine has which yours doesn't is a potential player list and potential costs.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
LOL!! Nice work Joe. I have one too but its not as detailed as yours. Definitely doesn't have an awesomeness column lol. Had a huge one for the Test match draft though. That had a sheet per round with colour codes, filters, costs and the works..

Figured I take part in too many drafts these days so I cut it down a notch. Only thing mine has which yours doesn't is a potential player list and potential costs.
I am having a sheet per round for this draft. Yeah, and that too includes a potential player list and potential costs. (though I have a very limited number of potential players, hoping to get 7 among them)...I have also divided the no. of potential players into two columns ('champions' and 'almost champions')...I have a particular no. from each of these 2 columns in mind among my 11 players...So far, I've got 2 from champions (Pollock and Jayasuriya) and 2 from 'almost champions' (Boucher and Kirsten)...

Ha ha but I love the roles 'Drinks' and 'Towels' in Joe's spreadsheet, lol.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Spreadsheets have been around for decades so I suppose we all come under the old guy catefory :P

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.. sometimes I happen to scribble down the figures to add up how much I have spent.. Gotta saying, writing down on a notebook on real paper feels pretty good, given how rare it is that we use pen here in the s/w industry. :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't even know how much money I've spent so far TBH, let alone have a spreadsheet with all that detail. :laugh: And I'll send my bids in for round 5 tonight.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Use spreadsheets everyday with work, no way am I using a spreadsheet on something I enjoy. My tactic is simple, if I feel I overpaid for a player, I will make up for it next round with a smaller set of bids.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see you're all as sad as one another :p
Your position is the most interesting one. You are getting a bird's eye view of our strategies, and you are the one who has the most comprehensive idea about what's gonna happen to the draft a few rounds later. Must be very interesting, I am already thinking about hosting an auction draft ... with a few changes in the rules and some twists, of course.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Your position is the most interesting one. You are getting a bird's eye view of our strategies, and you are the one who has the most comprehensive idea about what's gonna happen to the draft a few rounds later. Must be very interesting, I am already thinking about hosting an auction draft ... with a few changes in the rules and some twists, of course.
Sounds good to me (just wait for this one to finish) - would be interesting to be on the other side of it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Another full set of 10 submissions.

The following have been drafted:

S al Hasan - Himannv
M Amarnath - Cevno
AB de Villiers - honestbharani
R Harper - G.I.Joe
I Harvey - Noble One
M Holding - Pothas
R Kanhai - Pskov
A Kumble - weldone
G Thorpe - Blakus
S Warne - Somerset

For the record, I had to add I Harvey for that round.

The winning bids were (from lowest to highest) - $1, $500,000, $980,000, $1,040,000, $1,200,000, $1,202,618, $1,677,163, $1,934,543, $2,000,001, $2,100,003.

Round 6 is open with the following players available:

I Botham
B McCullum
H Modi
K Pietersen
R Price
A Roberts
V Sehwag
P Utseya
M Vaughan
B Willis

Deadline of 2pm Sunday please - but note that I may not run the round promptly as I am away at the weekend and not sure when I'm coming back (which also means I won't necessarily be able to prompt anyone)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And, as promised, the 60 names so far drafted:

A Agarkar
Wasim Akram
S al Hasan
M Amarnath
S Bond
I Botham
M Boucher
C Cairns
T Chappell