• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

paraacbe

Cricket Spectator
Help regarding cricket rules

Guys we play matches between classes in college and there is a lot of confuison regarding two rules in cricket .The umpire there in one instance

1.called No ball when the right hand bowler was bowling around the wicket to a right hand batsman(leg side guard as we say) because there was 5 fielders on leg side.he argued that only a maximum of 5 fielders on leg side and if bowler too bowls over the wicket (leg side guard as we say) he also becomes a fielder ,so one fielder has to be moved to offside and only 4 are permitted..I have found this as nonsense and eventhough i searched in net ,i couldnt find a video to support my argument..can some one help me with it.

2.another absurd decision.The batsman hit the ball and they run for two and he failed he to ground the bat on the opposite side(only by inches of the grease) and then completed the second run ,the rule is only one run is short but the umpire said both runs are short as the batsman didnt touch the crease..I argued that only one run is short as he completed the second run but the opposite team and umpire didnt agree with me.
So i also need a video for this..

Please help me cricket crazy members.

bagapath

International Captain
your umpire is a ****. throw him out. he is wrong on both instances. the bowler doesnt count as a fielder. and it is only one run short in the second instance.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I joined this forum last week. Played an ok grade of park cricket in my teens and early twenties (sub-district) and unfortunately succumbed to stress fractures in my back (used to be a tear-away "quick", realistically probably bowling in the 120kmphs).

Worked on my batting and started bowling fast off-spin but played in lower grades as I became more into the social side of cricket. (The only centuries I scored was drinking 100++ shots of beer in a hundred minutes).

Gave it away when I was 28 and have had the odd cameo season in the past 10 years.

Love the game but spend more time with my 3 young children, notwithstanding every Boxing Day at the 'G drinking beer and eating left-over xmas food.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum and hearing people's opinions from around the world, especially from the sub-continent.

Aussie, aussie, aussie - oi oi oi.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Welcome Tom, hope you are in for a miserable winter (believe you call it summer in that crazy part of the world), enjoy CW though :)

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Moorabbin. I think one or two games in the ones, mostly in the magoos and threes. Promising junior - hatch, dowling sheild, average park cricketer.

I also did some time on the mats at Brighton Central in the Longmuir Sheild. (remember getting spanked by Dav Whatmore and another time by Julian Weiner).

Yep, I was just a couple of years ahead of Hodgey when he came through Moorabbin.

Best cricketer who ever played at that club, aside from a cameo from Malcolm Marshal.

Last edited:

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Hey guys I am Bonnie Prince C, or Callum. I live in Scotland. Absolutely love cricket and love reading up on it and checking out stats. While not many Scots would admit to it I do follow the English cricket team. I have mostly English family and Scotland unfortunately do not play at the top standard. However, I do also follow Scotland and would support them over England on the rare time they would compete. I have been around cricket since a young age, I used to always play cricket with my cousins in England, however did not really get into it properly until about 2003. Without the series which made be 100% fall in love with cricket was the 2005 Ashes series. Not because England one but because of how it was played and how entertaining it was.

I am currently without a side after moving from Perth to Glasgow for education purposes. I will hopefully find a club after the new year when winter nets will start up.

Garry Sobers, Andrew Flintoff and Virender Sehwag would be my favourite players and icons. Sobers to his absolute all round skill, being able to bat and bowl both spin and seam, something that I do at a far lower standard, Flintoff for how he played the game, I do find him a bit over rated as an allrounder at times but the spirit he played with was fantastic and Sehwag for his aggression.

Anyway hope I didn't drag that on :p

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CW has a duplicate post alert thing. CricSim isn't as bad with the mobile site either.
But what's actually happened is we had a power cut, so the Internet timey-outer thing got reset... and my step-dad's away and hasn't been home to fix it. :happy:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Hey guys I am Bonnie Prince C, or Callum. I live in Scotland. Absolutely love cricket and love reading up on it and checking out stats. While not many Scots would admit to it I do follow the English cricket team. I have mostly English family and Scotland unfortunately do not play at the top standard. However, I do also follow Scotland and would support them over England on the rare time they would compete. I have been around cricket since a young age, I used to always play cricket with my cousins in England, however did not really get into it properly until about 2003. Without the series which made be 100% fall in love with cricket was the 2005 Ashes series. Not because England one but because of how it was played and how entertaining it was.

I am currently without a side after moving from Perth to Glasgow for education purposes. I will hopefully find a club after the new year when winter nets will start up.

Garry Sobers, Andrew Flintoff and Virender Sehwag would be my favourite players and icons. Sobers to his absolute all round skill, being able to bat and bowl both spin and seam, something that I do at a far lower standard, Flintoff for how he played the game, I do find him a bit over rated as an allrounder at times but the spirit he played with was fantastic and Sehwag for his aggression.

Anyway hope I didn't drag that on :p
Welcome Callum :). Good to see you on CW, hope to see you staying active.