Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Hey does this count as my first referral to Cricketweb, generally I just drive people away.

Anyway welcome BP, Surrey is seen as the Evil Empire around here by some though, be warned
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quality user name. Having a pissed mate pass out on his own curry always a sophisticated moment in the evening.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Hey does this count as my first referral to Cricketweb, generally I just drive people away.

Anyway welcome BP, Surrey is seen as the Evil Empire around here by some though, be warned
    Surrey is the finest County of all - and can boast the best all time County XI

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Quality user name. Having a pissed mate pass out on his own curry always a sophisticated moment in the evening.
    The name is in honour of someone who did it, I kid you not, without fail.

Always paid though - never ate a mouthful

Hello Everyone,
    I started watching cricket in 99 world cup mainly due to Shoaib Akhtar.I have been following this site for 5+ years, but just started posting. I support Pakistan and used to support Australia mostly because of Mark Waugh, Mcgrath and Ponting.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unam View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I started watching cricket in 99 world cup mainly due to Shoaib Akhtar.I have been following this site for 5+ years, but just started posting. I support Pakistan and used to support Australia mostly because of Mark Waugh, Mcgrath and Ponting.
    Glad you have seen the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Glad you have seen the light.
    Lol, that was the best ODI at the time afterall.
    Mahela Jayawardene, " Sometimes I lose my temper but I'll always have my partner in crime, Sanga"

Cricket Spectator
    Hello

I've just started playing cricket again at the age of 24 (I haven't played since I was 11). I don't think anyone was more disappointed than my Mum when I gave up the sport (my username isn't just a cricket reference - they're my initials).

I'm finding this site a brilliant source of information being someone who knows very little about the sport, so cheers everyone.

Welcome aboard mate.

DDP
    similar story to the guy before. I've found this site a great source for random opinions, will hopefully get to give my own 2 cents in the near future

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Welcome bro.

Cricket Spectator
    My name is Akif. Originally from Bangladesh but my favorite cricket team is Australia. My favorite players are Mike Hussey, Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Hey people

From Australia, new to this forum, but it seems like a good one to have stumbled in to.

Love cricket, and love cricket history. I read a lot of books on cricket, and enjoy discussing/debating the merits of players!

Favourite former players are Stan McCabe, Archie Jackson, Doug Walters, Keith Miller, Neil Harvey and Mark Waugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Hey people

From Australia, new to this forum, but it seems like a good one to have stumbled in to.

Love cricket, and love cricket history. I read a lot of books on cricket, and enjoy discussing/debating the merits of players!

Favourite former players are Stan McCabe, Archie Jackson, Doug Walters, Keith Miller, Neil Harvey and Mark Waugh.
    Not a bad list that Monk - bit Aussie based but hey

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Neil Harvey at the Kennington Oval c1980 (Old England v Old Aus match). he invited myself and a friend into the changing room to meet Ray Lindwall. Utter gents the pair of them.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post
    Not a bad list that Monk - bit Aussie based but hey

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Neil Harvey at the Kennington Oval c1980 (Old England v Old Aus match). he invited myself and a friend into the changing room to meet Ray Lindwall. Utter gents the pair of them.

Welcome to the madhouse.
    Wow, what an amazing experience. Did they tell you any tales? I really hope I run into Harvey, Morris or Davidson (they are only a few) before their times are up, but I have no idea how it would happen. It'd be great to interview them too (I am studying journalism).
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Wow, what an amazing experience. Did they tell you any tales? I really hope I run into Harvey, Morris or Davidson (they are only a few) before their times are up, but I have no idea how it would happen. It'd be great to interview them too (I am studying journalism).
    We were just standing outside the Away dressing room when Neil came to the door. He gave us his autograph and we chatted for a couple of minutes and the he said "Ray's in here, d'you want to come in and meet Ray?"

Silly question.

Ray was just out of the shower but we sat there for about half an hour (before WE had to go) just chatting away like old pals. I gave Ray Lindwall some advice on bowling the outswinger() but I don't recall any stories (it was a long time ago) but just a great general cricket chat.

The next year it was Old Rest of the World and Gary Sobers came to the door. Unfortunately, despite us being very polite he was very rude.

A few years ago a friend of mine ran into Dennis Lillee and sat and chatted with him for a whiile. Said he was a really good bloke.
    Last edited by Biryani Pillow; 28-05-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information