• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Draft 3 - Global Premier League

Athlai

Not Terrible
Each person will be randomly assigned one of the top 8 nations and must select 3 members of their team from that nation, each person must also select one and only one player from each other top 8 nation as well as selecting one player from either Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.
All players must have played from 1979-present.

However this time round everybody will have their fair chance at selecting the top stars through the auction system. Any selection named may be bartered upon with each nation at the end of the round. Every nation will be given $10,000,000 to make their bids. All players have a minimum value of $100,000 and all bids are in multiplications of 100,000.

So if Pakistan bid $100,000 for Saeed Anwar but the Indian manager decided he'd be a great addition to his team he can contest this with a higher bid of $200,000 a bidding war would begin.

Due to this bidding system every player MUST have at very minimum a $100,000 for every spot remaining to be filled in their team. If you need 6 players you need to have at least $600,000.

You are also only allowed to make one selection/contested auction per round. So if India won their bidding war to claim Saeed Anwar for $200,000 they would forfeit their previous selection of Younis Khan for $100,000. The players highest bid that turn is the player they win. If you got away with a bargain - don't bid.

In the case of a players selection being taken from them they will have to make two selections in the next round (unless they alternatively bid for the player from the nation who stole their player).
So if Pakistan lost the bidding war for Saeed Anwar they would be able to purchase the uncontested Younis Khan for $100,000. If they didn't like that idea or were unable to because of national restrictions then in their next turn they would have to bid for two players.

This is a pretty complicated system but should be good times. Please only sign up if you are going to be dedicated over the next week or so.

1. Athlai
2. Goughy
3. Marcuss
4. Pothas
5. Michaelf77777777
6. Cevno
7. Blakus
8. Himannv

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Is it for Tests, ODI's, T20's or all of the above?

Need more details about the method of bidding as well, but consider me in.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is it for Tests, ODI's, T20's or all of the above?

Need more details about the method of bidding as well, but consider me in.
This draft will be just for Tests I think since it is a bit more tricky than my previous endeavors.

Athlai

Not Terrible
1. Athlai
2. Goughy
3. Marcuss
4. Pothas
5. Michaelf77777777
6. Cevno
7. Blakus?
8. Himannv?

I think if someone disappears for 48 hours they should be replaced.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
THE COUNTRIES
1. Sri Lanka - Goughy
2. West Indies - Himmanv
3. South Africa - Athlai
4. India - Marcuss
5. England - Michael
6. New Zealand - Pothas
7. Pakistan - Blakus
8. Australia - Cevno

double randomized

The draft will work in a serpintine structure though it isn't that important as there will be a bidding round period after everyones selections. So the auction price period (where you choose your player) you have 6 hours before the next person makes their selection. At the end of every round (the 8th selection) there will be a 12 hour bidding period.

Round 1
1. Goughy
2, Himmanv
3. Athlai
4. Marcuss
5. Michael
6. Pothas
7. Blakus
8. Cevno

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
When making your first bid also throw out the price you are willing to pay. You could make this high to try show others you're serious about them and avoid a bidding war or you could make a token $100,000 bid.
Also remember they must have played after 1979.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
One thing i wanted to clarify is ,that now Goyghy has bidded 1 million for gilchrist.Can we bid for him now or have to wait for the auction period of 12 hours at the end.