• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's a tad heavyhanded, James, but can understand why you've locked that thread and deleted other posts. Not saying I agree with it, but can see your reasoning.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's get back to IPL transfers and auctions, shall we? There has been very little transfer activity, though Gony getting a transfer to Mumbai or Punjab, or Duminy going to Kolkata or Punjab, or someone picking up Graham Napier could have happened. Instead, we find a relatively tame transfer such as Owais Shah or Manoj Tiwary going to Kolkata or Hyderabad ending the contracts of Nuwan Zoysa and Chamara Silva. Outside of this, Kyle Mills will miss this season because of an injury- he missed both seasons either because of national duty, or simply, he was not needed.

Howsie

International Captain
:laugh: What. Grant Eliott and Lou Vincent got through but Martin Guptill didn't, weird.

Modi showing how classless he is though with his comment on the English players by saying they wouldn't be missed. Does he realise that the only reason his tournament is followed is because of the international players?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Simmons, Roach and van der Wath would be good signings and hazard to guess, relatively cheap acquisitions.

Would stay away from Parnell, could go for big cash but he is having a shocker domestically and had disciplinary problems.

Majority of cricketers there purely for numbers, can’t see anyone touching many of the Sri Lankan cricketers or the likes of de Bruyn, Krejza, Tsotsobe, Manou, Philander, Martyn, Pakistani refugee et cetera.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Wait so there's no Clarke again? He can't use the reasoning that he's doing it to cement his position in the Australian team now. If anything, Australia needs him to have more experience in T20 if he's going to be captaining the naitonal side.

lol@80% of those nominees.
Or it just proves why making Clarke T20 cpataining was so idiotic - he is not a T20 player everyone knows that. The IPL people realize that, thats why they dont have him in this auction or whatever..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im not the target demographic for the IPL. I cant say Im a fan for many reasons (ordinary standard of cricket, strange team composition, poor production values, petty politics, a pretty average product allround etc) however that is neither here nor there as Im not the market.

Having said that, IMO the idea of the IPL isnt a bad one and Im not against it nor do have have any any issue with it.

My question is (eventually geting there) is how is interest holding up for the third season. I cant imagine it rivals the first but is it still healthy? Who are the commercials in the games aimed at? Is the long term outlook rosy?

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
He didn't make himself available did he?. Well even if he did, if any IPL team bought him they would be crazy..
He did make him available two times. He set a base price of 1 million dollars for his contract in the auction and nobody wanted him.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Incorrect - The IPL is all about the Indian players.

The IPL is primarily and Indian market competition and commercially the Indian big boys have all the pull. Obviously the overseas players add to its reputation but make no mistake the IPL is all about INDIA