cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FTP - No more home-and-away

New FTP - No more home-and-away

the home-and-away requirements in the new FTP could be scrapped. play each other twice in a 6-year cycle , minimum 2 Test and 3 ODI's , played either home or away ...more

Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    the home-and-away requirements in the new FTP could be scrapped. play each other twice in a 6-year cycle , minimum 2 Test and 3 ODI's , played either home or away ...more
    twice = two tests or test series?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    I would rather test series were slightly less frequent and guaranteed to be three matches minimum, than having two-test series more often.

Lack of home and away requirement is dire, IMO. It goes without saying that I blame BCCI and the IPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I would rather test series were slightly less frequent and guaranteed to be three matches minimum, than having two-test series more often.
    This. 3 matches in one country is better than 2 & 2 in either.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

If they're worried about easing the constraints of the schedule, why not make the FTP over 8 years rather than 6?

i dont like the ftp at all, I think if if they just implement a simple championship table were each team has to play one another in a 3 test series over a 3 year plan home and away just swaps around between to the countries in the followering 3 year cycle.

Never been a fan of the FTP either. I've always been of the opinion that it, rather than Bangladesh having test status per se, that has been responsible for the dilution of quality in test cricket.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

still scratching around in the same old hole
    I thought the purpose of FTP was to ensure that the 'big' nations couldnt ignore the smaller nations with a worthless championship tagged on to add sugar to the medicine. This seems to make the whole think a little pointless.

It is ok for England though as it enables Bang and others to fill the awkward early season spot without ever having to tour there. It also takes the pressure off having to visit Pakistan due to security problems and having to rearrange the games.
    Last edited by Goughy; 09-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

The problem without the FTP is that boards will just schedule the series that are the most lucrative to them, and ignore the rest of the cricket nations. Why would India for instance, want to play New Zealand at home, when they could just schedule a series against Pakistan or Australia?

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    We need more test series.......................
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    What is channel 7 going to show instead on there prime time 7pm slot?

SL and NZ might as well give up on test cricket with this. (Pakistan safety issues)
    What board would ever want to to tour either of these two places if they can make more $ elsewhere. At least SL will get an occasional Indian tour to keep the SL vote with the BCCI, but thats about it.
    SL hasn't toured SA for tests since 02, and I have no idea when the next scheduled one is.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

these no motive .. the ICC has create the motive, for teams to tour. the only motivation left here is the money changing hands between the big nations.

Banned
    Great idea, why make the more established nations play series that loses money when they can be playing quality cricket and improving the quality of cricket for supporters. Its not about the BCCI or the ICC its about providing the supporters with the best quality cricket available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information