Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 154

Thread: World XI the day you were born

  1. #61
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    9,386
    1.5.06

  2. #62
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Are you sure Gilly has the gloves ahead of Sangakkara?
    No I'm not. Nice one Marcuss
    Made the mistake of scrolling down once I got to 10, missed him completely.

  3. #63
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13,059
    C.G. Greenidge
    G. Wood
    Zaheer Abbas
    D.I. Gower
    I.V.A. Richards
    Kapil Dev
    R.W. Marsh +
    R.J. Hadlee
    R.G.D. Willis
    E.J. Chatfield
    A.M.E. Roberts
    ---------------------
    12th man G.M. Turner


    Best possible ODI side on the day India won the World cup, featuring exactly 1 Indian Probably fittingly, Kapil was by far the best ODI all rounder, featuring in the top 10 of both batting and bowling rankings. I've left the batsmen and bowlers in the order they appeared in the rankings, other than the openers, Kapil and Marsh.

  4. #64
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Based on your previous clue, w're talking May or June aren't we? I'll go May.
    Yeah we are. Would you like to guess the day? Closest out of you and Z gets my avatar?


  5. #65
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    1.5.06
    Now you know about Gilly/Sanga I'll let you have another guess at the date if you'd like?

  6. #66
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah we are. Would you like to guess the day? Closest out of you and Z gets my avatar?
    I think it has to be 2nd half of may based on one of your clues, so I'll go with 20/5/2006.

  7. #67
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Last clue.

    The 30th of April is closer than the 31st of July.
    So thats May or the first half of June? I'm so good at figuring these things out.

  8. #68
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    9,386
    No 1.5.09 was my guess - by then I was already resigned to Gilly being an anomaly

  9. #69
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    So thats May or the first half of June? I'm so good at figuring these things out.

    Piece it together and you'll be close.

  10. #70
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    9,386
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    C.G. Greenidge
    G. Wood
    Zaheer Abbas
    D.I. Gower
    I.V.A. Richards
    Kapil Dev
    R.W. Marsh +
    R.J. Hadlee
    R.G.D. Willis
    E.J. Chatfield
    A.M.E. Roberts
    ---------------------
    12th man G.M. Turner


    Best possible ODI side on the day India won the World cup, featuring exactly 1 Indian Probably fittingly, Kapil was by far the best ODI all rounder, featuring in the top 10 of both batting and bowling rankings. I've left the batsmen and bowlers in the order they appeared in the rankings, other than the openers, Kapil and Marsh.

    An amazing array of strokeplayers in there.

  11. #71
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    No 1.5.09 was my guess - by then I was already resigned to Gilly being an anomaly
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    1st of July is closer than the 1st of April
    Can't be the 1st of May, wpdavid was correct in saying :
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I think it has to be 2nd half of may based on one of your clues, so I'll go with 20/5/2006.
    Good effort. just 4 days out.
    24th May 2006.

    Avatar?
    Last edited by Marcuss; 08-12-2009 at 02:34 PM.

  12. #72
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post

    Piece it together and you'll be close.
    16-5-06 to 15-6-06. Pick a date

    Edit: Beaten.

  13. #73
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    16-5-06 to 15-6-06. Pick a date

    Edit: Beaten.
    Yeah, sorry. Dropped you at June

  14. #74
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13,059
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    An amazing array of strokeplayers in there.
    yeah, but they were no match for the team that unleashed the might of the dibbly dobblers on them.

  15. #75
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,612
    Mine will pretty much be the same as Saggers and GIMPs.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 07:39 AM
  2. CricketWeb Tennis - Season I
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 2579
    Last Post: 15-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •