• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

ret

International Debutant
Tendulkar is going after the bowling, Dravid is looking aggressive too .... Appears as if Sehwag's batting has influenced others

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ha, you can watch TV on the iphone?
Yup, Sky Mobile TV app. Free download, O2 customers can get 3 months free, £6 a month after that for all Sky Sports channels plus ESPN (though most of the US sports on ESPN aren't available, which is a shame. :()

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, there better not be a collapse here. Any 4th innings chase more than 150 on this pitch will be extremely tricky. They need a lead, minimum of 250 to be safe.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yup, Sky Mobile TV app. Free download, O2 customers can get 3 months free, £6 a month after that for all Sky Sports channels plus ESPN (though most of the US sports on ESPN aren't available, which is a shame. :()
Damn word. I have a sidekick LX, would it work on that?

Dissector

International Debutant
This was a perfect opportunity for Sachin to get another hundred and inch closer to that magic 50 mark. Unfortunately given India's absurd test calendar he isn't going to get too many more chances in the next year. At least he got a fifty, which is his 97th 50+ score in test cricket.

Incidentally today's play shows how utterly remarkable Sehwag's innings was. There have been many fine attacking batsmen in cricket history and they have often played mediocre attacks on flat tracks. No one has played big innings at a run-a-ball nearly as often as Sehwag.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ni I was just implying that Richards still remains the only person to take a test match quality attack for 300 in a day. I was actually hoping for Shewag to do it today.
There was a bloke called Bradman who did it. In an actual Test match.

Incidentally Barry Richards never faced Lillee in a test match. Are we talking about WSC or some first class game? Richards' fastest test hundred was this knock where he scored 140 off 164 balls. Excellent especially for those days but quite far behind what Sehwag has achieved in his most destructive test knocks.
It was a Sheffield Shield match when Richards was playing for South Australia.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm wondering if there has ever been a multiple-Test series with at least one score of more than 600 in every match?

EDIT - and a three-Test series with two scores of more than 700?

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indian batting, in certain conditions, is fantastic and a joy to behold

Sri Lankan bowling, in certain conditions, is woeful and an embarrasment to watch

Combine the two and it's as dull as dishwater

I spent the morning watching Namibia play 7s rugby and the afternoon watching Barney the Dinosaur because I couldnt take any more