• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chicken XI

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lets make a fun XI out of players who are too skinny.

Michael Vaughan
Rahul Dravid
Michael Clarke
James Foster
Stuart Broad
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan
Ishant Sharma
Nathan Bracken

Help me complete it.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never been keen on this <insert random characteristic> XI material but a few skinny players who come to mind:
Bruce Reid (left-arm seam)
James Foster (wicketkeeper-batsman)
Russel Arnold (left-handed opening batsman)

Playing roles inserted for help for those who don't know if you really want a team-ish.

stumpski

International Captain
Going to be a lot of bowlers I imagine, batsmen tending more towards the 'comfortably built.'

Jon Agnew and Sikander Bakht come to mind.

Not as straightforward as the Fat XI, that's for sure.

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Morne Morkel.
Garry Park.
Dale Steyn is pretty skinny aswell.

Plus Park and Steyn both look like crack heads!

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Glenn McGrath
Mohammad Wasim [ Pakistan Middle-order batsman ]
Chris Martin
Mohammad Kaif
Hashim Amla
JP Duminy
Most of the Bangladeshi players

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JP Duminy
Wouldn't have said he's too skinny. Kid's got massive biceps.

Skinny batsmen quite thin on the ground (ha, see what I did there?) tho, it must be said. Gower in his younger years always looked like he could do with a feed; especially when he was sharing a dressing room with such trenchermen as Gatting, Gooch, Lamb & Beefy.

stumpski

International Captain
Stephen Capon (one match for Kent) would also fit that bill. I only heard of him because he came from my home town, the only county cricketer to do so as far as I know.