• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Jakester1288

International Regular
Firstly, James was asking about the best format in terms of setting up threads for the tournament, not the best cricketing format. Secondly, even if he had, no one asked you to go on a swearing tirade. You could've just said 'I don't like the T20' and let it be.
It was like "post your opinions of the best format in the game" IIRC. Anyway, I posted my opinions. That was my opinions.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now. I'm just happy to be back.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Good luck :)

Here you go:

Media coverage

Television

* Star Cricket (live) – India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia
* Star Sports (live) – India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia
* ONE HD (live) – Australia
* British Eurosport (live) – United Kingdom
* Directv (live) – USA
* CBN, ATN Cricket Plus - Canada
* Willow Tv - Internet North America
The climate is very bad in Hyderabad. It has been raining in the evenings for the last 7 days. Not sure, we will have full 20 over matches. I bought the ticket for the matches on Oct 10th. Praying for the play without rain

Sat Oct 10
Group C - Cape Cobras v Otago
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Sat Oct 10
Group A - Deccan Chargers v Somerset

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Australian teams have a good chance of winning the series. From an Indian point of view, I'll be rooting for one of Delhi (lots of Indian reserves and youngsters), Sussex (Piyush Chawla and Luke Wright- sure, he's not Indian, but a good OD/T20 player) and Otago (what an Indian ODI/T20 team should look like), and possibly Royal Challengers. I won't support Deccan; may root against them, even if they face Aussie teams.

Unfortunately for Delhi, they'll miss the services of AB de Villiers, out with a back injury. This should get in Paul Collingwood, though he appears to be a rather unspectacular T20 player.
  • Sehwag
  • Gambhir (C)
  • Dilshan
  • Collingwood (RM?)
  • Karthik (WK)
  • Tiwary
  • Vettori (SLA)
  • Mishra (LBG)
  • Bhatia (RM)/Sangwan (LMF)
  • Nannes (LFM)
  • Nehra (LMF)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Happy that this is on Eurosport as it's a channel I still have, should see a lot of it

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think I forgot to post this earlier, but TBH I'll be catching the a NSW game or two, only because they are NSW players. If I find out it's gunna be an international packed team, I won't be watching though. I want to see our youngsters and home grown lads running around, not international players I can see anytime.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So you missed this one, and saw 06-07? But how come you couldn't see 05, or don't you have Channel 4 there in Cornwall?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So you missed this one, and saw 06-07? But how come you couldn't see 05, or don't you have Channel 4 there in Cornwall?
Was in Turkey for the Edgbaston and Old Trafford Tests, I didn't know what cricket was either itbt.

Edit : Went and checked the dates of my holiday :laugh:

Last edited:

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
tournament is broadcasted all around europe on eurosport 2, in keeping with the success of the T20 world cup.

GGG

State Captain
I have a felling B McCullum will go ballistic in this comp and carry Otago to at least the second round.

Flem274*

123/5
Would be hilarious if Broom did after his CT fails.

McCullum
Redmond
Todd
Cumming (in his random List A spot of four)
Broom
Mascarenhas
de Boorder
McCullum
Butler
McSkimming
Wagner

That bowling is pretty awesome, that will be their strength imo.

GGG

State Captain

McCullum
Redmond
Todd
Broom
Mascarenhas
de Boorder
McCullum
Butler
McSkimming
Wagner

I don't think they will play de Boorder with McCullum there, from what I have read and heard he is a better first class batsman than limited overs, I think they will play Rutherford.

Howsie

International Captain

McCullum
Redmond
Todd
Broom
Mascarenhas
de Boorder
McCullum
Butler
McSkimming
Wagner

Yea what GGG said. Rutherford will play over de Boorder.

Flem274*

123/5
Rutherford ya reckon? Off memory didn't Haig do better last season in the List A/20/20s? He's pretty agressive as well and has some age and runs over Rutherford.

Point taken on de Boorder though, just assumed McCullum would keep his habit of playing as a specialst batsman in 20/20.

Southern Lad

Cricket Spectator
Rutherford ya reckon? Off memory didn't Haig do better last season in the List A/20/20s? He's pretty agressive as well and has some age and runs over Rutherford.

Point taken on de Boorder though, just assumed McCullum would keep his habit of playing as a specialst batsman in 20/20.
Haig didn't play for Otago in the twenty20 last year, while Rutherford was one of our better batsmen, with well over two hundred runs for the season. He will have the no3 spot. While I can't see DeBoorder losing out on the gloves as McCullum hasn't kept for Otago since transfering back, although the chance to play two spinners could be quite tempting for Mike Hesson.

Our top side

McCullum
Redmond
Rutherford
Cumming
Broom
McCullum
Mascarenhas
Butler
DoBoorder
McSkimming
Wagner

My biggest fear is that nearly half of our team will be late in getting to India due to our unexpected success over in South Africa. In our first warm up game we will only have 11 players available and four of those regularly bat inside the top six.

Howsie

International Captain

Rutherford was pretty good in the 20/20's last season, he did score a 50 ball 80 from memory and I remember a 11 ball 30 odd, the guy can hit the ball.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I will be at the ground for both of these matches... Just bought tickets.....

Sat Oct 10
Group C - Cape Cobras v Otago

Sat Oct 10
Group A - Deccan Chargers v Somerset
Say hello to the cider boys for me :D

Will be televised in the UK on (British) Eurosport.
Woooooo.

McCullum
Redmond
Todd
Broom
Mascarenhas
de Boorder
McCullum
Butler
McSkimming
Wagner

Go on my namesake! I play cricket with his sister-in-law so he's been around a fair bit this season, needless to say there have been a fair few laughs (he has a rather filthy sense of humour).

Flem274*

123/5
Taken on Rutherford. Must have just been the FC games where he struggled and Haig did OK.

Did you face Butler in the nets Anna? :p