• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is test cricket dying?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
No its not dying...watch the Lords Test...if you don't believe me...

When the end of time is near it will be the Tests keeping Cricket alive..... :yes:

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
Let Test Cricket be played as it has been played for the past 133 years

No need of D/N Tests or any plays
To be fair, ODI cricket has been played around 40 years and most people think that needs a big rev up.

I think D/N tests would be a good thing so long as no team is disadvantaged by the use of the lights or the conditions at dusk. You see this in quite few ODI venues, where whoever wins the toss will bat first, put 250 on the board, and then watch the 2nd team play the really tough conditions around the start of their innings, stumble to 50/5 or whatever, and game over.

Maybe have a dinner break around this time?

Saif Ali Khan

Cricket Spectator
To be fair, ODI cricket has been played around 40 years and most people think that needs a big rev up.

I think D/N tests would be a good thing so long as no team is disadvantaged by the use of the lights or the conditions at dusk. You see this in quite few ODI venues, where whoever wins the toss will bat first, put 250 on the board, and then watch the 2nd team play the really tough conditions around the start of their innings, stumble to 50/5 or whatever, and game over.

Maybe have a dinner break around this time?
There are different time zones factor.

For example when India plays Test in South Africa a days play ends at 10 pm indian time.For D/N test it will end at 4 am.

The visibilty of the red ball under flood lights is another big problem.