• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hate Sreesanth

bagapath

International Captain
To start with, I dont like Hayden very much. But his 58 ball knock of 89 last evening in the IPL was a very special T20 innings. After a whirlwind performance full of exciting shots, haydos upped the ante and belted three sixers in one over and holed out to the deep in the dying stages of the innings. the bowler, a prick called Sreesanth, instead of applauding him and saying "well played" shouted a mouthful of abuses at him and gave him marching orders. haydos just gave him a wry smile as response and walked off.

i wanted to hide under my sofa in shame looking at this mediocre cricketer mistaking petulance for passion and false bravado for toughness. i hope he stays out of the indian team forever and ends up selling lottery tickets on the streets for a living. better still i hope harbhajan slaps him one more time and both get banned for life.

I hate this graceless, talentless, brainless idiot.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You are not alone in hating him. Quite a few people on this site hate/dislike him. I find it ridiculous that he tries to act smart and macho when he is all fluid in reality. I don't mind Harbhajan but certainly do have a problem with Sreesanth for the idiotic ways in which he acts on the field.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't say I "hate" Sreesanth, but there's no doubt he is one of the most cringe-inducing cricketers you'll see.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha what Dicko said. He's not exactly despicable so much as facepalm-inducing.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
To say I hate Sreesanth is perhaps taking it too far. If he was drowning kittens then hate would be appropriate, but for simply mouthing off at the opposition...I'll pass.

Would prefer Sreesanth to keep the focus purely on his bowling. Very talented when fit and firing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't really say he is. He's an OK-ish bowler who might, just, be Test-standard if he kept his focus better. But he's not, in my view, remotely exceptional.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Is this topic really worth a thread? If you'd found someone who liked Sreesanth, now that would be a thread and a half.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
talentless
Noble_One said:
Very talented when fit and firing.
Certainly a talent as he showed in South Africa. Far too inconsistent though. It is what you do with that talent which matters. When he has a problem with his run up because he didn't practise it before play and was fooling around, you know the guy is not as serious about his cricket as he should be.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I wouldn't really say he is. He's an OK-ish bowler who might, just, be Test-standard if he kept his focus better. But he's not, in my view, remotely exceptional.
I he kept his focus I think he could certainly be good test bowler, though quite conditions reliant. When focussed (very rare) and fit he has one of the best outswingers around and has reasonable pace, that combination always troubles even top batsmen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed he does, but still, he's hardly Dale Steyn.

He's decent where Steyn is exceptional - ie, the fast outswinger.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain

True, when describing Steyn last summer to a friend who hadn't seen him prior to the England tour I said like Sreesanth at his best but 10 mph quicker (Steyn didn't quite deliver for me on that tour though). I he could still contribute to the test side if he got his act together (they should get Bhaji and some Sirdhars to beat the sh*t out of him and tell him to grow up), complements Ishant (inswing and bounce) and Zaheer (swing both ways, left armer) well with outswing and a more skiddy sort of delivery. Though with no allrounder in the side they're probably more likely to pick Munaf when going with 3 seamers as he's more of a work horse (despite his horrible fitness, he seems to have some stamina).

Jakester1288

International Regular
graceless, talentless, brainless idiot.
He is bainless, for sure, and a real idiot, but talentless? He isn't setting the world on fire with his bowling, and never will, but he is certainly decent. If he could just shut his mouth, it would be good.

HMas

U19 12th Man
Sreesanth is a character. Cricket needs players like him. Hopefully he will keep the legacy of Akhtar,Mcgrath & Nel alive for next generatioin.:laugh:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I personally think that he's an idiot with a terrible temperament, but Harbhajan is really no better.

He is a talented bowler, who can be lethal in the right conditions (and when he's geared up for it). He can attain prodigious movement away from the right hander, but he has problems with both control and discipline (i.e - not knowing how to act when someone goes after him).

If he had a better temperament, he would comfortably be Test-class. As it is, he's on the low end of Test-class and not ODI-class.

R_D

International Debutant
i wouldn't say he is talentless but certainly an idiot thou..... don't like Harbhajan either.
While we are on hate subject... was just reading AB Devillers interview on cricinfo....more reasons not to like Ponting for me... i didn't hear about this incident before.

AB......"It happened when I was new to international cricket. Ponting had just hit a century and, during the break, I tapped him on the shoulder and congratulated him. He looked at me, shook his head and turned away in a dismissive way. I felt like an idiot as I walked away but then Glenn McGrath ran up to me. He told me not to worry too much;"

kudos to McGrath.. turned into a real gentleman tinthe last 6 or 7 years of his career..... hated his guts earlier on.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I actually do believe Sreesanth could be as good as Steyn at delivering that particular ball if he had his head on right. That just adds to how infuriating he is.

I still enjoy watching him bowl though; I try to tune out the antics.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Sreesanth when fit and bowling well is one of the most watchable cricketers in the game. Swing bowling is a skill we rarely get to see these days on the international scene, and when in the zone, Sreesanth is one of the finer bowlers of it. Need to respect a bowler who isn't afraid to pitch the ball up at speed whilst luring the batsman into the drive.

One of my most favourite cricketing series in recent times was that South Africa v India series in South Africa with Sreesanth bowling those huge out swingers at the South African batsman. Absolutely riveting cricket at times.