• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Tahir has been given the boot by Hampshire for next season. His replacement, Ajantha Mendis!

Time county batsman work out the novelty, Mendis could have 100 wickets.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great news for us, if we manage to stay in the division we will have half a shot at the title if we get relegated then he should run through division two next season.

Feel sorry for Tahir, he did an amazing job for us last season and without him we would have been playing in division two this season but we cannot afford to have an overaseas player who has taken as few wickets as he has so far this season.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great signing for Hants...whats SL's schedule like for next year, will he be available for much?

EDIT: not bad actually..will miss the start with the World T20 & IPL but then should only miss a couple of weeks in July for a tri series ODI's

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Kieswetter will play for England next year. Looks poor against the short ball and clueless against the spinners but he is too easy on the eyes to ignore.

Tres once again looking imperious.

stumpski

International Captain
Odd to see the T20 finallists in opposition again so soon.

Looks like we might have an uninterrupted match for a change.

stumpski

International Captain
Looks like Langer decided not to bat today!

Somerset 237-5 in the last over, think they could be a little short myself.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sky will be happy. Covering a second XI game. Kent have rested everybody, Key, Denly, van Jaarsveld, Jones, Cook, no McLaren, Joseph through injury and Parnell has gone back home.

Kolpakshire strangely are playing indigenous/English cricketers.

Benning gone for 2. Not playing at The Oval anymore, zero footwork.

stumpski

International Captain
Sky will be happy. Covering a second XI game. Kent have rested everybody, Key, Denly, van Jaarsveld, Jones, Cook, no McLaren, Joseph through injury and Parnell has gone back home.

Kolpakshire strangely are playing indigenous/English cricketers.

Benning gone for 2. Not playing at The Oval anymore, zero footwork.
A weak side certainly, but not unexpectedly so given that Kent played 13 days out of 15 before Twenty20 finals day (and Key's comments on that); in any case they've kept Leics down to a very achievable total.

stumpski

International Captain
I didn't see it - missed all of the Leics innings - but they were impressed on Sky, they were talking about him when I switched on. Cool head on young shoulders, that sort of thing.

Got to be in with a shout of making the Lions tour I'd have thought - past Eng A tourists have been picked on much less.

Could be a good finish here, I think Kent just have their noses in front but a wicket could change that.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Might be a bit soon for the lions tour, he's still only 19 and this is his first proper season. I'd take him to wherever the academy is this year though but not for the lions part of the winter

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor is horrible to watch. All bottom hand and completely onside. Surprised at how small he is, 5'6 and he must weigh 60kg max. Helmet and kit looked far too big for him.

Enjoyable game though. Over 4.5 million sterling was riding on the game on Betfair alone. That was more than the big race at York. Money coming all from the subcontinent.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not for the first time Hants openers give us a great start. Carberry well on the way to his 5'th century of the season. Given the way the rest of the side has been batting they will have to make an opening stand of at least 250 before I am confident of claiming maximum batting points. Then of course even if we do make a good score I have almost no confidence in our bowling atacks ability to get any wicket, have to hope that Cork will do something for us. why can't we have Mendis now?! (I know he is playing a test match but still)