• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some of these ridiculous comments are precisely the reason we worked away from people during the 3 years.
What I don't get, though, is why you'd break the silence now. All it's going to do is create "these ridiculous comments". Would it not have been better to just say nothing until he actually played a game?

Ponty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Getting involved in debates/bitching about Sharma with people who have absolutely no impact on the situation (i.e. us) is, in my view, unprofessional. At best, it's pointless. A professional would worry less about what people are saying and more about making sure when this supposed phenomenon is loosed upon the earth, he delivers on even 1/2 of what's being claimed. A professional, if he was so worried about what is being said, would learn really quick to keep his trap firmly shut instead of bitching at people who supposedly misrepresent it. If what people are saying is untrue, who cares what they're saying anyway?

Until we se this bloke, no matter what is being said or who's saying it, it's nothing but vapour. Even if this was Pont himself saying "It's all true, he really can do what I say he can" until he demonstrates it, there's really not much more to be said. What I've read in this thread and elsewhere online is nothing but unsubstantiated spin
Top Cat..you of ALL people if you are an administrator of the site, should know that misrepresentation and private conversations repeated on a public web forum have legal implications.

I did say if you read my post, that I DO NOT want to get into a debate as you have said I do. But as a professional coach with a reputation, I need to protect that reputation and I have every right to do so.

None of this should even be aired, so your accusation of 'spin' is not coming from me.

I agree you should all wait and see for yourself. And I have been interviewed by two other forums properly for the true story. So this is not hype from my end.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Top Cat..you of ALL people if you are an administrator of the site, should know that misrepresentation and private conversations repeated on a public web forum have legal implications.

I did say if you read my post, that I DO NOT want to get into a debate as you have said I do. But as a professional coach with a reputation, I need to protect that reputation and I have every right to do so.

None of this should even be aired, so your accusation of 'spin' is not coming from me.

I agree you should all wait and see for yourself. And I have been interviewed by two other forums properly for the true story. So this is not hype from my end.
Top Cat is not an administrator - he just writes articles (AFAIK) for the main site.

Ponty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What I don't get, though, is why you'd break the silence now. All it's going to do is create "these ridiculous comments". Would it not have been better to just say nothing until he actually played a game?
Because I was interviewed by two other forums, and a monthly magazine that's why. And also the IPL is about to start, which I believe for some media sources, is called current news.

But it's been the posting of private and inaccurate (exaggerated) comments by a forum member that has caused the issue here, for which he's kindly apologised and I have accepted.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Because I was interviewed by two other forums, and a monthly magazine that's why. And also the IPL is about to start, which I believe for some media sources, is called current news.

But it's been the posting of private and inaccurate (exaggerated) comments by a forum member that has caused the issue here, for which he's kindly apologised and I have accepted.
All this bio-mechanical stuff, looks like you could have found it useful in your playing days yourself.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Since when was that a recognised unit of speed? Nobody compares speed this way. The numbers may however be now be possible.

A 40 time means a 40 time and that means how fast you run 40 m from start to finish.

This is scrambling to polish and try and shine the bull**** to try an hide the fact that it stinks.
The running 40 is the time they use for 40 yard dash times in the NFL - the fastest recorded NFL player was 4.12 (Darrell Green). Deion ran it in 4.16, and he was pretty brisk - so if Sharma is running it in 4.0 that's pretty impressive.

EDIT: According to wiki Green has a 10.02 100m time. Obviously this isn't really that reliable, because it's wiki, but it is a proper timing thing.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
The running 40 is the time they use for 40 yard dash times in the NFL - the fastest recorded NFL player was 4.12 (Darrell Green). Deion ran it in 4.16, and he was pretty brisk - so if Sharma is running it in 4.0 that's pretty impressive.

EDIT: According to wiki Green has a 10.02 100m time. Obviously this isn't really that reliable, because it's wiki, but it is a proper timing thing.
wrong again-nfl 40 yard dashes are run starting with one hand on the ground-its not a "running 40"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You got that right..lol
Well, a few videos would certainly help people get an idea. Any idea when those will be up?

Isn't it weird though to go from no cricket at all to international opposition - maybe he can try out for a good club team, and then move to FC, to build up experience with actually bowling to a batsman?

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant