• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
All four of them are a lot faster than most Indian bowlers, particularly those hyped as pace sensations. Besides, they can put that pace to good use, so they are examples to follow.
You really seem to living in denial or you do not know a thing about cricket ,
Edwards,malinga,tait are atbest average test bowlers And They are not lot faster

Steyn in tests bowls in the 130-143 km/h
Malinga is also the same.
Tait does not play test matches but he is the only express quick around{150+},Ishant bowls at 130-143 km/h in tests,zaheer can crank it up to 140s anytime with short runup.
Sreesanth,R.p singh have clocked 149km/h and bowl consistently over 140s in odis.Those who are hyped have always had pace but most did not get settled in the team so you did not get to see their true potential allthough
munaf,vrv singh have clocked 90 mph.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You really seem to living in denial or you do not know a thing about cricket ,
Edwards,malinga,tait are atbest average test bowlers And They are not lot faster

Steyn in tests bowls in the 130-143 km/h
Malinga is also the same.
Tait does not play test matches but he is the only express quick around{150+},Ishant bowls at 130-143 km/h in tests,zaheer can crank it up to 140s anytime with short runup.
Sreesanth,R.p singh have clocked 149km/h and bowl consistently over 140s in odis.Those who are hyped have always had pace but most did not get settled in the team so you did not get to see their true potential allthough
munaf,vrv singh have clocked 90 mph.
Steyn has consistently bowled in the 140k range, with a few over 150k. In India, it's a huge thing if someone bowls a single delivery close to 150k- where, for instance, is Ashish Nehra? Malinga is regularly over 140k, but has been out of action for quite some time, but I wouldn't be surprised if finished ten overs consistently over 140k.

Frankly, Zaheer and Ishant are good enough. The team doesn't need a new pacer picked solely on the promise of pace, as he'll add no value to his place in the team. If Sreesanth and RP Singh are so fast, get them back! They are still more useful than those bowlers picked in their place, particularly Munaf and VRV Singh. Those two have not been clocked regularly over 140k, and the 90mph readings were possibly one or two deliveries ever bowled. They can't field, can barely bat, and don't have the necessary skills to be effective on all pitches.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Steyn has consistently bowled in the 140k range, with a few over 150k. In India, it's a huge thing if someone bowls a single delivery close to 150k- where, for instance, is Ashish Nehra? Malinga is regularly over 140k, but has been out of action for quite some time, but I wouldn't be surprised if finished ten overs consistently over 140k.

Frankly, Zaheer and Ishant are good enough. The team doesn't need a new pacer picked solely on the promise of pace, as he'll add no value to his place in the team. If Sreesanth and RP Singh are so fast, get them back! They are still more useful than those bowlers picked in their place, particularly Munaf and VRV Singh. Those two have not been clocked regularly over 140k, and the 90mph readings were possibly one or two deliveries ever bowled. They can't field, can barely bat, and don't have the necessary skills to be effective on all pitches.
Now i am sure you do not watch test matches,Steyn does not bowl over 140 consistently,
neither does malinga

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Royals vs Cape Cobras to be telecast live on Set Max 7:45 pm today. I hope they'll give Atul Sharma a go, and we get our first glimpse of him. Considering the number of games in the IPL, I don't think there'll be any sense in 'hiding' him, so I guess if they don't play him today it'll be because he's been spraying it all over in the nets.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Now i am sure you do not watch test matches,Steyn does not bowl over 140 consistently,
neither does malinga
:laugh: Steyn's average speed against the Australians (test series home) was 142kph. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And Malinga also in the test series against New Zealand bowled on average 145kph and his top speeds were over 150kph, close to 155kph.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Royals vs Cape Cobras to be telecast live on Set Max 7:45 pm today. I hope they'll give Atul Sharma a go, and we get our first glimpse of him. Considering the number of games in the IPL, I don't think there'll be any sense in 'hiding' him, so I guess if they don't play him today it'll be because he's been spraying it all over in the nets.
Yeah if he is in their plans he should be given a go in one of the 2 games atleast.His chances are further increased by the fact that Munaf hasn't joined the team yet.Though i'm not sure 4 Intl players limit still applies in these warm-up games.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is this Sharma guy even in South Africa? Warney was asked about the Royals Indian players and aside from the national known guys, he said the rest were just decent young guys.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Damn. No Sharma. They're playing Amit Singh instead.
He hasn't played a cricket in seven years, so I highly doubt he will get anywhere near a game this season. You can't go from no games of cricket at all to playing at this level. For his career's sake, after the IPL he needs to go back to India and try out for a good club side, or a FC side if he thinks he is up to it.

And anyway, if he doesn't play the warmups, there is no way in hell he'll play a game - they won't just throw him into the IPL considering his inexperience.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasn't played a cricket in seven years, so I highly doubt he will get anywhere near a game this season. You can't go from no games of cricket at all to playing at this level. For his career's sake, after the IPL he needs to go back to India and try out for a good club side, or a FC side if he thinks he is up to it.
Kamran Khan was taken from tape ball cricket (IIRC) and he has just knocked two stumps out of the ground.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain

And anyway, if he doesn't play the warmups, there is no way in hell he'll play a game - they won't just throw him into the IPL considering his inexperience.
Your probably right unless Warner things he's special and takes a punt on him. That said for all his bravado Warne's been fairly conservative with selection, he seems to want players from whom knows exactly what he'll get, Atul Sharma is very much an unknown quantity.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Never mind found it, although Cricinfo seem way behind the live score by the sounds of it. You know anywhere streaming it online?

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Well, it isn't like RR to just throw money around. imo if they're paying him, they'll play him at some point of time this season. Someone mentioned theres one more practice game after this. Maybe that won't be televised and they'll try him then.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, it isn't like RR to just throw money around. imo if they're paying him, they'll play him at some point of time this season. Someone mentioned theres one more practice game after this. Maybe that won't be televised and they'll try him then.
According to the commentators just now, they have a squad of 27 in South Africa. Not all of those 27 will play. And they paid barely $25,000 for him. They may be using the warm up catches to actually get their first XI some match practice.

Yeah, but he also said that he picked up a ball for the first time in 12 months just yesterday (which is imo unprofessional for a guy who hasn't had to play for anyone else in a year or so. Least he could have done is starting practising earlier). I don't think he's taken a good look the new guys.
I thought he was bowling in the nets at least? So he was just working out for 12 months? :laugh: That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Is this Sharma guy even in South Africa? Warney was asked about the Royals Indian players and aside from the national known guys, he said the rest were just decent young guys.
Yeah, but he also said that he picked up a ball for the first time in 12 months just yesterday (which is imo unprofessional for a guy who hasn't had to play for anyone else in a year or so. Least he could have done is starting practising earlier). I don't think he's taken a good look the new guys.