• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd and 4th bowlers for Post WW2 Dream Team

Who are your 3rd and 4th bowlers for Post WW2 Dream XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
Please choose two bowlers from the following four to represent the Post WW2 Dream Team

Jim Laker
Shane Warne
Muthiah Muralitharan
Dennis Lillee
(runner-up from the opening bowlers poll)

Malcolm Marshall
and Richard Hadlee have been selected to lead the attack. Gary Sobers is one of the leading batsmen in the middle order poll. Imran and Miller are going to be in the no.6 poll.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne and Murali.

3 quicks + 2 spinners is IMO the best balance when the spinners are this good.

JBH001

International Regular
Why? Imran should get the no.6 spot - or the no.7 spot if Gilly moves up to no.6.

bagapath

International Captain
i love dennis lillee. and i am not sure of murali's bowling action. but i think this team would be better off with two of the greatest spinners of all time bowling in tandem. hadlee and marshall can handle the new ball. either imran or miller can come in at 6 to bowl pace in addition to them; even sobers can bowl seam up if we decide to go for one more batsman in lara for that last position.

going for warne and murali

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have actually had the all-rounders/no.6 poll first, then thrown the runner up from that into this poll.

[/trying to get both Imran and Miller in team]

bagapath

International Captain
I would have actually had the all-rounders/no.6 poll first, then thrown the runner up from that into this poll.

[/trying to get both Imran and Miller in team]
the same miller and imran were featured in the earlier poll. by holding the no.6 poll before this poll they both would have got 3 shots at getting into the team which i thought was unfair. and anyways, the runner-up from the opening bowlers poll is here. had imran or miller garnered more votes than lillee either one could have been here.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
the same miller and imran were featured in the earlier poll. by holding the no.6 poll before this poll they both would have got 3 shots at getting into the team which i thought was unfair. and anyways, the runner-up from the opening bowlers poll is here. had imran or miller garnered more votes than lillee either one could have been here.
Fair enough mate, just trying to manipulate the polls to my own selfish ends. :p

Fusion

Global Moderator
As I prefer a 4 + 1 balance, I went with Lillee and Warne. I think Lillee is the best fast bowler from the options and I have a slight preference for Warne over Murali. Though I wouldn't mind if either of the great spinners got in, though not both! :cool:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hilarious. The same people that voted Murali voted Laker...as if Laker is better than Warne.