• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allen Stanford Arrested and Charged with Fraud

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jealousy

Anyways, I wish him the best he was pumping alot of money into the carib and I know alot of people didn't like that.
No, people didn't like the amount of money he was throwing around for meaningless cricket games. The Stanford Super Series, or whatever it was called, was an absolute disgrace to cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think anybody would have minded if he had thrown that much money into the FC system of the West Indies, I think everyone would have been sad to see that end.

To me, I think he was still good for the Caribbean, even though I didn't like his super series. By all accounts, the domestic competition was very good, and the WI cricket board will miss him (if this is the end of that involvement, that is). Caribbean cricket needs some strong backers.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you found the cricket games sponsored by him to be meaningful, then good luck to you.
No, people didn't like the amount of money he was throwing around for meaningless cricket games. The Stanford Super Series, or whatever it was called, was an absolute disgrace to cricket.
Ever met anyone who was actually there that thinks it was bad for West Indian cricket?

bagapath

International Captain
was happy to see the WI legends getting paid by him. some of them were capable screwing themselves up completely and push themselves below poverty line. at least this guy's money was taking care of them. he was good for cash starved WICB. prior's wife liked him too.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I don't care about his contribution to cricket, but somehow his pictures always made me think that he is a bit of a sleazeball (much like the Indian sleazeball Vijay Mallya)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good riddance to bad rubbish

I love it when crickets newfound obsession with money over quality goes badly wrong..

Love also how the ECB have come up with egg all over their faces

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's not looking good. Suggestions are that it's one great Bernard Madoff style Ponzi scheme: whereby any investors requiring their money back are paid from more recent investments, and the rest of it is fabricated on paper statements. If the investors don't want their money back it doesn't get found out until they do... or if the regulators start asking where the money's going, and how on earth they can justify such large returns. These are the questions that are now being asked - and not being answered.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I get it now. He was using the cricket in the West Indies to train the hand eye co-ordination of his future super soldiers when he was going to invoke his new world order on the world. The billions of dollars were being invested in sharks with lasers on their heads and slow working easily escapable traps for spies.

Hes a genius.

In 2020 Premier Standford takes the podium to celebrate the confederacy of RFB's victory in WW3.

RFB-Rich ****ing Bastards

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Colin Croft was saying last night that he knew a number of the younger WI players had invested sizeable amounts of their $1 million into Stanford's schemes with the intention of it lasting them over their lifetimes.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
The types of matches he may have been promoting were poor and the nature of the guy is also poor - i.e. the fact that he doesn't know a thing about cricket or that he sleeps with bare carib women, doesn't change the fact that his money is much needed in the caribbean....

His funding has contributed to the increased number of matches currently in the Domestic tournament in the Windies and like afore mentioned on the forum he funded legends and current players who are only good enough to play for their island meaning they have poor wages... Having said that if some of the players from the stanford series lose their money then that will be a crushing blow to the Windies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Colin Croft was saying last night that he knew a number of the younger WI players had invested sizeable amounts of their $1 million into Stanford's schemes with the intention of it lasting them over their lifetimes.
Ah jesus. Depressing tstl.