• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Domestic Cricket Draft

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just thought I will start a new thread from the First Class Draft to keep this easier to follow.

We will keep a similar format and basic with a few changes.
- Only non Test and ODIs stats will be counted.
- All player will have had debuted in both First Class Cricket and List A cricket after 1963 (this was when the first List A matches were played)
- Each side will have to selected a squad of 14 players for both First Class cricket ad List A cricket with some criteria.
- Each side must select a club/state/etc to represent (this will be choosen in Round 1)
- Three of the 14 players must have played for that club/state/etc
- Each side must included 12 players from different countries included in 100 plus cricket playing nations.
- Each manager has 12 hours to pick a player or team.

First round managers will select teams and then 2nd round onwards players. Order will change every 2nd round.

1. Mister Wright
2. Nnanden
3. Goughy
4. Simon
5. Pasag
6. Somerset
7. Chaminda_00
8. HeathDavisSpeed

Kyle up any questions feel free to ask.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Very interested, see there is no spot anyway, would not have the time and commitment anyway.

Looking to get into another test draft just like the first one again in perhaps a couple of months time.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Team: Queensland (dar!)

I can't work the filter to get a player's first class stats without test stats only, but will go with Andy Flower anyway.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Best hope that nobody's mean enough to steal Andy Flower then eh? :p

Like this format better by the way, the more challenging the better IMO and having all the new criteria should make for an interesting selection process.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im not sure I like this system. Theoretically, if you are picking low in the first round then 8 players that represented your team could be taken leaving you to find 3 from a very shallow pool.

If 1st round is teams then maybe round 2 should be 3 exclusive picks from that team.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im not sure I like this system. Theoretically, if you are picking low in the first round then 8 players that represented your team could be taken leaving you to find 3 from a very shallow pool.

If 1st round is teams then maybe round 2 should be 3 exclusive picks from that team.
The only sides that should really struggle to find local players are the ones that select new teams from South Africa, Pakistan, Kenya, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. Even if I pick Tamil Union I should have plenty of local players to select from just 1980s when domestic OD tournment started.

There would 100s of players from Queensland and NSW to select from. The same applies for County sides where there would even more if overseas players.

Your up to pick a team btw...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Teams:

1. Mister Wright - Queensland
2. Nnanden - New South Wales
3. Goughy - Middlesex
4. Simon - South Australia
5. Pasag
6. Somerset
7. Chaminda_00
8. HeathDavisSpeed

Kev/Zac up

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just to make things easy to understand. All you need to do is pick 3 local players who played on offical match for your club, plus 11 players from other countries.

There is the option registering a local player as an overseas player if they could have played for another country. This will allow to you to pick an extra player/s from the country of you team or another country.

One tip, think outside the square.

Last edited: