• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Julian87

State Captain
Hahahaha.

McDonald ahead of Bollinger is a disgrace. Even Hilfenhaus ahead of Bollinger is a disgrace.

Go South Africa.

Julian87

State Captain
Bollinger should just do an Adams/Bond and join the ICL.

I wouldn't blame him. FMD Hilfenaus is over rated.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And you're speaking of McDonald as if he's Keith Miller. You think he's a better bowler than Bollinger? Confirms a few things for me, frankly.
Stop talking ****

Given the added advantages of his batting, MacDonald was NEVER going to be the one to miss out so stop bitching and try and mount an argument as to why Bollinger should've been selected before Hilfenhaus or North because that was the only option

Julian87

State Captain
Stop talking ****

Given the added advantages of his batting, MacDonald was NEVER going to be the one to miss out so stop bitching and try and mount an argument as to why Bollinger should've been selected before Hilfenhaus or North because that was the only option
If that truly is the case then I have grave doubts over the future of Australian cricket.

Julian87

State Captain
OMFG.

They pick the gentle medium pacer, he'll bat at 8, then win the toss and bat.

That will ****ing do me.

irfan

State Captain
If that truly is the case then I have grave doubts over the future of Australian cricket.
Yep. Bolly should be spewin right now, Ronnie McDonald is a bonafide benchwarmer - I see him sitting on a bench with his right leg crossed at Maccas every single time.

inbox24

International Debutant
What is regretful is that guys like Bichel, Lehmann, MacGill, Bevan etc, who would've all played 100 tests played in such a wonderful era, only got a few lean chances. Oh if only they had been playing now, we'd still have a pretty decent team, and guys like McDonald would be back in state or local cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stop talking ****

Another false premise on your part, but we're used to that.

McDonald's added advantage with the bat? So you're picking him for his runs at 8? North will bat 6, presumably Haddin 7. Bollinger took 40 plus wickets last FC season, swings it as much as McDonald, bowls 15 kph faster and regularly knocks over top order players at FC level. To prefer a bloke who isn't as good a bowler because of his "batting advantages" at number 8 is frankly absurd.
I'm not of course surprised you'd advocate such a conservative position though, given the conservative **** you throw around in the politics thread.

I look forward to your wonderful riposte - "oh, but if wekre 6 down Ronnie will do a job". So what? His job if he's batting below 6 is to rake wickets. He may well do it and he's habdy, but the other bloke is more likely to do it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OMFG.

They pick the gentle medium pacer, he'll bat at 8, then win the toss and bat.

That will ****ing do me.

Oooooooooh, they won the toss and batted - just like 95% of teams in the history of test cricket

Maybe, just friggin' maybe, the wicket isnt a minefield and therefore 4 pacemen werent justified

Jakester1288

International Regular
OMFG, so now Haddin is at 8! This is sad.

1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Neil McKenzie, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 AB de Villiers, 6 JP Duminy, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Morne Morkel, 9 Paul Harris, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

Above is the South African team, same as the last test.