Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 782
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pakistan Cricket news/views

  1. #331
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    What kind of team is it when nine players go behind the captain's back to try to make him lose his job?
    Haha, are you serious?
    RIP Craigos

  2. #332
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,715
    Ohh you don't think I'm implying that I genuinely think they deliberately played badly, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  3. #333
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Ohh you don't think I'm implying that I genuinely think they deliberately played badly, right?
    Haha, not the point I was making. I guess you're just not that familiar with Pakistan's history with captaincy troubles.

  4. #334
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    A leader never jumps off a sinking ship, he goes down with it. Younis just jumped off leaving this team in the middle.

    I don't personally believe that our players and that too 9 of them deliberately lost the game. I do however, know that Malik, Akmal, Razzaq are against YK. As much as people say Afridi is also involved, i don't believe that. Afridi may be a brainless jerk in the field, but he is not the political type. The way Malik was playing irrational strokes was evident that he threw away his wicket, same with Akmal. However the remainder of the team fell to some great fielding and superb bowling.

    As far as YK is concerned, i think he has made the right decision to back off because he does not have solid support from the players. I feel for him as i feel that he was on his way to turn this young team in to a very strong international side. He faced a lot of opposition for his decisions which at times were illogical but you might wanna call it the learning curve. He certainly learned how to use his bowlers, but his batsmen just did not support him. I truly feel bad for him, because for once we had an honest captain, who was honest to his team, regardless of his poor decisions on several occasions. For me integrity and pride for playing in your country's colors holds a lot more weight then simply losing due to politics and selfishness. If we lose, no matter how terribly or horribly we lose but i want to see the pride of playing in Pak colors, i want to see integrity and honesty in the team players...Younis to me was an honest man.

    Mohammad Yousuf's lack of confidence and leadership quality can be judged from what he did after being appointed captain. He called Inzi for consultations...

    I hate to say it, but Pak cricket's future is looking very bleak and dull. In my honest and heart breaking opinion our cricket is headed for the same destination that our hockey went. Not because of anyone's fault, not because of ICC, or BCCI or anyone, but for our on mistakes and our own dark intentions......
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!


  5. #335
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,494
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpMic View Post

    On the one hand you think appointing Yousuf is idiotic and on the other you complain about how indecisive Younis is. Younis doesn't have his head straight. He doesn't deserve to be the captain.
    You seem to have completely missed my point. I stated that I’m tired of Younis’ act and that in fact he doesn’t deserve the captaincy. I actually felt this way about him for a long time. His last drama act to hand in his resignation after the CT only reaffirmed my views about him. However, that fact that he doesn’t deserve to be captain doesn’t take away from the fact that he was the most qualified to be one. This lack of stability at the crucial post will be detrimental to Pakistan cricket. I have no idea why you think Yousaf makes a good choice. He’s as prone to being a drama queen as Younis. I see no stability in his reign. And frankly speaking, I don’t see great leadership qualities in him. I hope to be proven wrong.

  6. #336
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    I am still backing younis in this thing.. some peopl think that younis should have stayed and fight.. how could he.. he had 9 players who was against him? how could u make a team when more than half of the team is against you and play for their ego rather for their team and country? i think PCB should have sacked shoaib malik.. his performance has been bellow average and despite that he has been creating all these rift out of jealusy..

  7. #337
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,715
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Haha, not the point I was making. I guess you're just not that familiar with Pakistan's history with captaincy troubles.
    No, I am, but it doesn't make it any less unprofessional.

  8. #338
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    I am still backing younis in this thing.. some peopl think that younis should have stayed and fight.. how could he.. he had 9 players who was against him? how could u make a team when more than half of the team is against you and play for their ego rather for their team and country? i think PCB should have sacked shoaib malik.. his performance has been bellow average and despite that he has been creating all these rift out of jealusy..
    You have a good point. However, its important to understand why YK left. Whether his performance was part of the reason or not i really don't care. When he handed in his resignation the reason was to "force" PCB to discipline certain players. The biggest problem that is still present in India and Pakistan is that of selecting favoritism. There is a lot of discrimination against players for that reason. PCB even if they wanted to could not have "disciplined" certain players who have very strong connections in the PCB upper management. Whether YK was a good captain/ bad captain, or a good batsman or a bad batsman is not the issue here. The issue is the integrity of the man.

    He is an honest guy, honest to himself and honest to the people. This is his nature. I have met him in person in Toronto and i can tell you that this guy is the only one who would play for his country, the rest of the team is more inclined towards making sure they stay in the team.

    He lost the war for sure....because it was him alone against a giant and corrupt PCB who constantly brings back the same batsmen who have failed miserably. Who can justify me the selections of Imran Farhat and Salman Butt? Based on what did they return back to the international side when you have a batsman in Misbah who just wacked 200+ in a domestic game?

    Its politics/corruption and even though i am a Pakistani, i am not scared to say what is wrong. YK is out because of his honesty........and yes he fell.....


    I miss him already......lol
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 12-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.

  9. #339
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    No, I am, but it doesn't make it any less unprofessional.
    I think my attempts at making fun of my team have been pretty futile here. I'll leave now.

  10. #340
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    You have a good point. However, its important to understand why YK left. Whether his performance was part of the reason or not i really don't care. When he handed in his resignation the reason was to "force" PCB to discipline certain players. The biggest problem that is still present in India and Pakistan is that of selecting favoritism. There is a lot of discrimination against players for that reason. PCB even if they wanted to could not have "disciplined" certain players who have very strong connections in the PCB upper management. Whether YK was a good captain/ bad captain, or a good batsman or a bad batsman is not the issue here. The issue is the integrity of the man.

    He is an honest guy, honest to himself and honest to the people. This is his nature. I have met him in person in Toronto and i can tell you that this guy is the only one who would play for his country, the rest of the team is more inclined towards making sure they stay in the team.

    He lost the war for sure....because it was him alone against a giant and corrupt PCB who constantly brings back the same batsmen who have failed miserably. Who can justify me the selections of Imran Farhat and Salman Butt? Based on what did they return back to the international side when you have a batsman in Misbah who just wacked 200+ in a domestic game?

    Its politics/corruption and even though i am a Pakistani, i am not scared to say what is wrong. YK is out because of his honesty........and yes he fell.....


    I miss him already......lol
    i don't undestand what u r trying to say.. r u agreeing with me?

    i understand that younis is honest and humble cricketer...that is why despite what many people are saying here.. i support him..

    Off course the PCB has been corupted for years now..i still don't understand.. why they are letting shoaib malik have that much authority in the team despite his performance being bellow average..

    i have a feeling that malik will sabotage Yousuf.. considering their history if Malik is allowed to have the same authority and power in the team..

  11. #341
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,590

  12. #342
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Seems like Younis was just looking for an excuse to get out, would have blamed the team cook next. Pakistan in a lot of trouble when they have to resort to MoYo as captain.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  13. #343
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    ^ what would u do if you were instead of Younis?

  14. #344
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    ^ what would u do if you were instead of Younis?
    I am surprised that this question is still being asked.

    Younis on 30th October :-

    "I'm used to controversy, but this time the whole nation was behind me. I thought I might not be able to play for a couple of months but every single person in Pakistan was backing me, so that's why I'm here."

    Younis on 11th Nov. :-

    "..I feel as If I have no command over this team. And if a leadership has no command over its players, what is the point of continuing to lead? I also told him that the last 3-4 months have been very trying times for me, not just with the cricket but all that has happened outside it. I need time to get myself together now."


    Younis said in October :-

    "....It came as a shock to me that such allegations have been made without any evidence or concrete proof to back them up...I don't know how anyone can make such baseless allegations without realising how much it affects the players and their fans."

    How Younis feels in November :-

    "He was really unhappy with the shots some of the batsmen played and he feels as if they did it deliberately to undermine him," (According the Cricinfo source)

  15. #345
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    ^ ya but that stil hasn't answered my question..

Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Coach 2009 - Help wanted - New logo
    By Oli Norwell in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 03:53 AM
  2. Night cricket?
    By AlanJLegend in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 04:00 AM
  3. Any new cricket games coming out on ps2??
    By dezza1994 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-01-2009, 03:36 AM
  4. Welcome Mathew Sinclair to Cricket Web!
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. Best Cricket Sledges - PLZ READ
    By matts20891 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •