• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duncan Fletcher to Help SAF take on Aus

Precambrian

Banned
I don't attach any importance than the cursory to it. We all saw what value addition Chappell did to Australia's interests. It's 11 vs 11 in the end.

jondavluc

State Regular
Let me guess why.Because he was the coach who was in when england the won the ashes in 04/05. Even though he was also coaching England in there worst defeat against australia since the 1920's too.I don't know why people seem to forget that.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I just thought it was amusing. and anyway i thought chappel was maybe more of a hindrance than a aide.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah saw this, people are brought in on this short-term consultancy roles all the time really, it's no major deal. Just a more high-profile appointment than normal.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah saw this, people are brought in on this short-term consultancy roles all the time really, it's no major deal. Just a more high-profile appointment than normal.
Yeah, good appointment in my book too, he's an exceptionally thorough man in his preparation. The mistakes he made for England were largely selectorial.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, good appointment in my book too, he's an exceptionally thorough man in his preparation. The mistakes he made for England were largely selectorial.
Yeah I was always a considerable fan of his and hope he can make some small amount of difference to SA.

England's ODI hayride since the end of his tenure suggest he was certainly not the sole or maybe even the main error-maker in selection there, and well, I don't think anyone would dispute the Test team has gone downhill since his departure. He made errors (Schofield, Afzaal, Plunkett and Mahmood playing Tests) but I reckon the year-and-a-bit since his departure has probably contained more errors than the 7 of his tenure.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The sweep shot is not going to help with playing Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee.